ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front wheel bearing 182 FF

Got a MOT advisory for slight play in the NSF wheel bearing so gonna get it replaced, should I be replacing both or just wait until the OSF gives up before replacing? Also best place to purchase a good quality item without paying £82 a pop from RPD?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Cheers mate, would you just replace the one or both?

Just one mate. We did Niall's NSF last year.

Got a mate to do it on his press, they need a few ton of force to get out, and 9/10 the outer race will get left behind on the hub flange so you'll need to chisel/grind it off carefully.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I'd go into Euro and see if they can match it tbh, saves waiting on delivery.

That one matches the Renault part number (7701206771) too, so it's the right one.

Cheers mate, will whip the hub off and see if Carl can fit the new bearing for me. It's gonna have to be after Oulton now though as I'm not paying for alignment twice as I'm in at Clear motorsport on the 13th for Corner weighting. Lets just hope it hold up :grimacing:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Cheers mate, will whip the hub off and see if Carl can fit the new bearing for me. It's gonna have to be after Oulton now though as I'm not paying for alignment twice as I'm in at Clear motorsport on the 13th for Corner weighting. Lets just hope it hold up :grimacing:

Give the hub nut a torque check to 280Nm mate just to see if it's loose.

Give the hub nut a torque check to 280Nm mate just to see if it's loose.
Will do mate, hope its just that. Looking logically at it I best get it replaced before Oulton if it is starting to go as running slicks I can seeing it giving up quickly and spectacularly being on the NSF!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Will do mate, hope its just that. Looking logically at it I best get it replaced before Oulton if it is starting to go as running slicks I can seeing it giving up quickly and spectacularly being on the NSF!

If it is loose then the bearing will be knackered anyway.

If it does fail majorly then the hub could fall out and rip the driveshaft out the box with it!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Just one, I did both when one went, the one I didn't need to change then died after like 2000 miles so I refitted the old hub (I have 2 sets of hubs for ease of this) and it's still going 20k later, lol

PH2 172
I thought this thread was about replacing wheel bearings, not swapping the whole knuckle/hub assembly for another used item and hoping the bearing was good.

dan's cast offs.
Starts about 12 mins in for bearing removal.

marks on the disc from where the pads have been :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:
hit it with a dead blow hammer so you don't damage the disc...epic!!!

only skimmed through but am guessing he didn't put new discs on?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
marks on the disc from where the pads have been :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:
hit it with a dead blow hammer so you don't damage the disc...epic!!!

only skimmed through but am guessing he didn't put new discs on?

Not watched it for ages, but I don't think he does haha.

PH2 172
he hammers the flange out when he's got a press next to him!!!!

Dirty deeds and done dirt cheap. Poor bloke only has a small vice.
Jaws_2_1978_1.png