ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Wheel Bearing

clio 172
Hi all
I have replaced front d/s wheel bearing on my phase 1 sport, took the hub to my local garage to have bearing pressed etc , put it all back together but after comparing to the other side the thread on the driveshaft does not come through the hub anywhere near as much. took it all apart again but the drive shaft is as far through as it possibly can be the result of this is the wheel sits at an angle and there is play in it side to side , had the tracking done today but still the same. Could it be that the bearing has not been pressed in enough ? or have ktec given me the wrong bearing? all i do know is that that it was not like this before, any help or ideas much appreciated.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i'd take the hub back to the garage and see if they have the old bearing, to compare it, pribably have to buy another bearing now as they probably won't be able to pull it out without breaking it

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Didn't think you had to press in front bearings? Could be wrong though.

LY 182
Didn't think you had to press in front bearings? Could be wrong though.
yeah you do - exact same set up as the rear - except the flange is pressed through the middle aswell.

as for your problem - its either the middle 2 races are seperated or the bearings wrong,, all it can be