ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front wiper relay Phase 1

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any advice on the front wiper relay location on Phase 1 please?

Havent looked yet, as rain never stops- but would start near the fuse boxes?- that right?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
It’s in the UCH .
All integrated

Thanks- as another thread ive commented on, the relays are accessible under the dashboard passenger side, I understand
Although wipers may well be controlled from within the UCH

Lets hope a bit of prodding and poking sorts my issue (Wipers dont return to park up) or the MOT could get pricey

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai its one of the relays on the 'UCH' (not really a true UCH in the phase 1 cars as pre CAN) but either way have a wiggle at them

located passenger side under glovebox area

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Right- just to help anyone with the front wiper issue on a phase 1

There are 6 relays under the glovebox. Everyone is out at the moment- a central relay is grey colour- all others brown

None of them affect the working of my front wipers (Or headlights, or engine start) although passenger elec window doesn't work- drivers side does

Are there relays located elesewhere on a phase 1 - engine bay? cant see any. I know the ECU but where is UCH located?

onward I go

172 Ph1
Right- just to help anyone with the front wiper issue on a phase 1

There are 6 relays under the glovebox. Everyone is out at the moment- a central relay is grey colour- all others brown

None of them affect the working of my front wipers (Or headlights, or engine start) although passenger elec window doesn't work- drivers side does

Are there relays located elesewhere on a phase 1 - engine bay?

onward I go

Nope .

Relays in engine bay are for upfront functions .
Engine ecu , fans , starter ect

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
so is there no relay for front wipers? all integrated into UCH as 2 nd post says?

Will have to look at the switch, or faulty motor? Thought a relay would control direction of motor for wipers etc etc

otherwise, change UCH wherever that is, and understand that's a coding pain etc etc

172 Ph1
The relay workings are yes integrated within the uch .
The switch tells that what speed you asked for and the uch does the rest .

Have you checked all the wiring to the motor ?
IE it’s circuits ?

Also you haven’t said what the issue is that you have .
All the OP says is relay .

So I will ask , what’s going on with the motor ?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
So I will ask , what’s going on with the motor ?

Wipers work fine on both main speeds- just when you switch them off, they dont park at base of windscreen. They just stop on the screen whenever the switch is to off position.

Intermittent wipe only works occasionally

Rest of car electrics seem fine. MOT failure by the looks.