ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuckin internet

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Doing my head in now, if i turn my computer on internet works for like 15 mins to half hour, then it will just suddenly stop working?

I can still ping my router and get into it too, if i reboot router and pc it works again then does same again?? Pissing me off!

Anyone any ideas, is the router fucked?

Glad to know my DoS is working.

Re-installing your network card drivers would be the first point of call.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Wired to my computer, but its wireless for brothers pc and mum & dads laptop and my work laptop

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Not sure havent tested it on the others its only just started doing it the past couple of days, I think its just mine though, cos my brother usually tells me when his doesnt work n i fix it and he hasnt said owt

Leon Cupra R 225
Might be the router I bought a new Netgear Rangemax beasty thing meant to be the s**t, but my basic DG834G is back on the line now after experiencing the exact same probs as you are now! Works fine then freezes, stops loading pages then the internet light flashes on the router, no real explanation other than it's a pile of annoying shyte.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
f**k sake its done it again, for some reason though any web pages I have open it still lets me view it, like I had CS already open, I can still view any bit of the forum, although if I try and open a new website it doesnt work, reboot router and pc and it works :S wtf

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Re: f**kin internet

Might be the router I bought a new Netgear Rangemax beasty thing meant to be the s**t, but my basic DG834G is back on the line now after experiencing the exact same probs as you are now! Works fine then freezes, stops loading pages then the internet light flashes on the router, no real explanation other than it's a pile of annoying shyte.

Mines D-Link mate, its only about 18 months old too, fuckin piece of s**t!

Leon Cupra R 225

Mines D-Link mate, its only about 18 months old too, f**kin piece of s**t!

I know. I'm gona try re-load new firmware to the fucker when I can be arsed, then if that doesn't work use the Netgear router recovery tool, that's what saved my DG834 as that didn't work one bit for ages, couldn't get a single connection but now works better than this new rangemax thing

:S

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Cant get on fuckin d link site now to see if theres any firmware updates or anything until i reboot!? arrrrgh

Monaco 172 2/468

You will need to stick new firmware on it mate i'd say, i've had weird problems like that with mine. The DI-624

Mine just randomly sacked the internet off, the latest patch has made it quite solid now

I will never buy a D-link again after 2 in a row like this :dead:

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Right iv downloaded the latest firmware dont think its gonna work like cos its from 2005¬??

What do i do with it, its given me 2 files?

DLinkUK_DSL-G604T_fs_V1.00B02T02.UK.20050815

and

DLinkUK_DSL-G604T_kernel_V1.00B02T02.UK.20050815

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Just been into the router and its already got the latest firmware on? :S

Dodgey network car in my PC?

Have you got the sides on? lol Might sound daft but if I put the side and top cover on my computer I experience the same thing. I don't think it's a heat issue, but it's weird in any eventuality!

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Might try doing a complete reset on the router and configuring it again

Not tonight though havent got time!

Eek, I just lost my connection for about 30 seconds. I shouldn't have talked bad about my computer :S

Not a Clio
You're assuming it's a hardware problem but it could be a piece of software on your machine that's causing you problems.

Can you confirm whether the other machines also lose connection?

If they don't then download Ubuntu on one of them, burn to CD and stick it in your machine and run it as a live session. As you have a wired connection it should work out of the box with no configuration. Open firefox and use the net as normal, if the connection drops then you know it has to be hardware, if it doesn't then you need to look at Windows or rather what's running in Windows to cause the issue.

That's what I'd do anyway.

If you want to try that then - http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

Choose 7.04 Desktop Edition and just go for Standard x86.

As a live session it won't install anything.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Cheers mate i'll try that tonight, I've aready got ubuntu live on a cd so will try it when I get home!

Not a Clio
Remember to check if the other machines are losing connection if they are then trying Ubuntu won't help at all :)

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208

f**k sake its done it again, for some reason though any web pages I have open it still lets me view it, like I had CS already open, I can still view any bit of the forum, although if I try and open a new website it doesnt work, reboot router and pc and it works :S wtf

Mine is exactly the same Belkin router + matching Wireless dongle.

My laptop is absloutely fine, has some IBM connections manager though.

I just cant be arsed to do it, spend all day fixing stuff then get home and have to fix that too lol

lol. b****cks!!

If a Chef cant be arsed to cook when he gets home after cooking all day, he doesnt ask on a forum how to cook!

lol :lolup: I know what your going thru tho... I have had internet probs! I have taken 3 days off work waiting for BT to come out and check my line!! EVRY TIME THEY DONT SHOW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOL have now said BT have turned down my internet connection at the exchange! and they turned it down to 100kbps from 2000kbps! and they dont think they can get BT to turn it back up so i'm running/paying for broadband at 100kbps!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
i had a g604T and it finally gave up the ghost a few months ago, kept saying there was a line error when there wasn't.

If i plug it in now it works for about 24hrs and then does it again.

Now I have a BT home hub and i am losing the will to live and i'm sure bt have turned my internet connection to royal mail delivery speeds too!

clio 182 black /gold
Are you on virgin media? I had this and found out it was my router, So i have unplugged it and now it is fine.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i used to connect at 4mb. There were so many errors (packets getting clogged up, waiting to be sent) on the line, it simply couldn't handle the amount of data being sent through it. rebooting the router clears the errors, but gradually they build up again.

Get them to reduce it to 2mb for example and gradually bring it back up again to find the best speed. Ask to speak to 3rd line tech support and they can log into your local exhchange and cap the line speed.

Sounds like spyware to me, if the other machines aren't having problems, you are wasting your time looking at the router.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Why are you looking at the router? If it's only happening on your PC, get a laptop and plug it in with the wire, see if that has the same problem, then format the PC. My money's on malware on your PC.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
It happened to me on a brand new Dell machine so I doubt mine was spyware related.