ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel additives for storage

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I am probably going to park the Clio up for over year or so while I save up some funds to do the bodywork and that on it. It probably wont get driven in this time, might have to move it when the drive is being done but that is it. It has about half a tank of 99 fuel in. Anyone used any additives when storing cars to stop it going bad? A lot of the products I have seen online are E10 stabilisers, but I have E5 fuel in it.

Battery is disconnected and hand brake is off as well.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Probably wont hurt but never bothered personally, i leave them with minimum amount of fuel in and not had any issues over the years.

My extra van has been sat since Anglesey last year and it fired right up on last years fuel no issues. I did crack the ign on a couple of times over the year to prime the fuel system and circulate the fuel, whether that makes any difference who knows. First journey is to the fuel station for fresh fuel.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
As above. I’ve been storing my Clios outside for the last 7 years. Run the fuel down, park them up in October, run the engine in December, ready to go in Spring. Just repeat more often if you’re storing for longer.

Punto GT
Parked my Honda EK9 up in 2017, started it up this year and drove to the MOT garage.
All I did was run the fuel down prior to parking in the garage, then a full 20l of VPower before starting. Then been keeping the fuel above half a tank and fulling to the max.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above, if possible id just run it for a few days and get it low so when you next use it you can just go add some fresh fuel but tbh especially for only a year I wouldn't worry about it, I've left cars for several years and they fire straight up with no issue