ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Cap

For some reason recently the lock on the fuel cap has become really stiff. Takes a few minutes/shoogles about to get it open. I dont have a flap on the car as it broke off so it may be the casue.

WD40 the best trick or any other suggestions.

thanks

Mine was stuck tight the other day so I tried the spare key and randomly that worked!

Maybe the WD40 or perhaps hairdryer option might do the trick?

172 cup
Could also be water getting inside the locking mechanism and freezing. Had this happen to me when it start freezing over here. If thats the case they sell little lock deicers, or just park so the sun shines on the gas cap area to melt the ice.

Titanium 182
I had this the other day in the petrol station, took me 5 mins to get it undone. Felt a right plonker.

I imagine it's just frozen as after I breathed into mine a few times it worked.

Storm Grey 200
Yeah i felt like a t**t. I guessed it must have been frozen, although it had never happened before.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Glad it wasnt just me then!!! Could i f**k open it at the pump! Fail

if you coat it with grease or oil based substance it wont freeze,also put some in the actuall keyhole as well as around the mechanism ,voila