ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Consumption

What fuel consumption does everyone get?

I put in £30 of fuel and get about 240miles! Also does having an induction kit make much difference to the consumption?

Which model is it?

Ive got a 1.8 16v

I get about 315miles out of 45litres - about 32mpg (mixed driving)

Thats works out somewhere round the 27mpg mark. Ive only ever had that once so at a guess something isnt right.

Things to consider;

driving style, cat, state of tune, plugs, plug gap, leads, exhaust blockage/leaks, blocked fuel filter, over/under fuelling...

An IK will affect fuel consumption, but wont really be noticeable, especially on a 1.4.

HTH

Tom

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

I usually just get under 100 miles from a tenner but I drive round with my foot planted most of the time. Was driving home on the motorway earlier with between 1/4 and 1/2. Had a blast down some dual carriageways for 5 mins, was under 1/4 afterwards..... :(

The worst ive had so far in my Wiliie is 27.55mpg - almost all town driving and quite a few 30-70 and 40-100 runs aswell. I must be doing something wrong as my last car was 16-22mpg town driving!!

172 exclusive no 172

i usually get around 330-350 miles per full tank.. Driving a phase 1 valver with pipercross filter and full system, manifold back...

hope this helps, sometimes drops below 300 if constantly booting it and short journeys..

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Ive heard a few mk1 8v owners say they have crap mpg.

The first clio i had seemed alright but didnt really care that much at the time. I guess its all constant speed and acceraltion related, my Mk1 1.4 was awesome for motorway journeys, got to London & back on full tank from Manchester. In my 16v it didnt even get me to Leicester & back; probably had sommat to do with racing a 2litre Nova though. ;)

I started driving conservatively to see if it made a difference, but only an extra 10-15miles. I changed everything in october, plugs, leads, dissy cap and rotor arm, fuel filter, oil and filter, air filter. Ive tried fuel additives and i had the cat checked out.

umm.....? :confused:

From a 35 quid full tank i get about 260 -280 miles driving round town...

If i get to do a bit of motorway driving Ill normally get about 350 miles...

"My Normal Driving" = £10 = 100 Miles...

"My Normal and Motorway" = £10 = 110 Miles..

"Motorway and Sensible" = £10 = 120 Miles

All Approx.. though..

Mk1, Phase3 1.2 DIET Engine.. No mods. (Apart from Bosch Super 4 Plugs. heh)

Daz.

How do people work out MPG? I thought I did it but it doesnt seem to work? heh..

Say, I put 12 litres in.. and I get 110 miles.. what MPG is that?

Daz.

Lionel Richie

Is it just me, or does anyone else get WORSE fuel consumption from optimax?????

£10 optimax = 80miles max

£10 normal = 100miles plus

weird????? (and no i dont drive faster when i put opti in!!!)

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Whats the capacity of the mk1 RT tank? Is it 50 litres? Which is what in gallons? How the hell do you work out mpg, its summit simple int it!!

Anyway, Ill fill up on Monday and travel to work and back everyday, when friday comes, the red light will flicker on on my way home, usually about 270-300 miles, this is almost all motorway driving, round town or giving it some will see it drop off to 220-250.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

getting loony consuption at the mo

133 miles!!!! from £10 of fuel @ 77.9pence per litre

but my wost recorded was the rr weekend when i got 48 miles from £10 (oh dear)

How To Work Out MPG:

miles/litres = miles per LITRE

divide this figure by 0.22 to get miles per GALLON

A gallon is 4.54 litres

The best way to work out your consumtion is. Fill the tank to the brim, reset your trip meter, drive the car as far as you dare on the tankfull, REFILL the tank to the brim again , look at your recipt or the petrol pump for amount of fuel you have put in and compare to the miles on your trip meter. Easy realy.

39mpg I get when I drive like I do and Motorway! Impressive!

35.5mpg when I cane it? Even more Impressive!

Daz.

You all seem to have great fuel consumption to me in my 5 i average between 40 and 50 miles on £10 thats normal everyday drivin. In the clio i have similar figures to everyone else though.

Dont know whats wrong with yours mate, but I know mine is about the mpg Renault say. But I am filling her up tommorow so I will know in about a week or so. But she desperatly needs a service.

Paul

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 02 April 2003

Is it just me, or does anyone else get WORSE fuel consumption from optimax?????

£10 optimax = 80miles max

£10 normal = 100miles plus

weird????? (and no i dont drive faster when i put opti in!!!)

Other way around for me. I notice the tank lasts longer with optimax.

Paul

Lionel Richie

I thought itd be like that, but its not for some strage reason!!! Maybe my fueling is shagged due to the induction kit???

Average 7.8l/100km = 36mpg mixed city /highway

6.2l/100km = 45mpg higway driving

peak reading 62l/100km = 4.5 mpg

In RS Cup Edition

Quote: Originally posted by wado on 02 April 2003

Ive been told that the lambda sensor probably has something to do with it, anyone know?
im having the exact same problems with my RT, only engine mod is a powerflow back box and im using pretty much the same petrol as you are.It aint that great really :(

i heard it could be the lambda sensor also - does anyone know how much it would cost for a replacement?

i know its about £60, i got one for £40 cos i work at halfords. I dont know how much it costs to get them put in

Couldnt you just have your chip altered to not even check the lambda senser? or is it really important?

Paul

ive been told that the lambda sensor decides how much fuel needs to go in. At the mo, its just stuck on a set level pumping out the same amount whether the cars warm, or cold. Im guessing it must be fairly important otherwise surely they wouldnt put it on the car in the first place!!

I have a 1.2 16v dynamique and my best is 51mpg (motorway all the way at 70mph) and my worst is about 42, it never drops below this even with a harsh week of city stop/start driving. (I have had 400miles from £31 fill up).

*****Is it just me, or does anyone else get WORSE fuel consumption from optimax????? *****

Might also be cos the price is higher for it so you get less petrol for your money.

I used it for a while when it first came out last year, but apart from the price didnt notice much difference. Didnt notice much, if any dif in the performance either, but my mate who had a 1.9 205 said he felt a lot of dif with it. Strange.

Also, 8 valvers are less economical than 16v cos of the peak power etc etc, being lower down the rev counter meaning it uses more petrol etc.

I worked out my consumption, I usually get about 30~mpg depending on driving style. (about 300 ish miles on a full tank)

Does anyone else notice how the fuel guage really moves alot when its at or below the 1/4 mark? If you cane it it shoots down, yet if you drive sensibly it goes back up? It takes forever for it to move down when its full. hmmmm

mines the same. you can go 60 miles on a full tank and the gauge is still past full. but when it starts to drop its like watchin the temp rise :)

In my diesel I get around 52 MPG with a really heavy right foot and urban crawling only (almost..). Equals 18,5 km/litre / app. 5,4l/100km ..

-CJ

i think some one likes abusing there little french girl dont they cse...;)

I have got that consumption too, but it never got lower than 4.5k rpm lol