ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel leak problem 1.2 clio 2001

182 Cup
Hi, lady turned up at work today with a Clio 1.2 extreme from 2001. Got here no problem, but the inside of the car stank of petrol and then wouldn't start again.

I had a quick look for her and saw that the left hand side of the fuel rail had a slight leak where a connector joined at the beginning of the rail. The connector was black with a green tab on it.

I pushed it back on and the car started no problem, but all I need to know now is why would it pop off in the first place? Is a new connector required? It was quite easy to take it off again!

Any replies appreciated.

182, 172 Track Shed
Think I had a similar problem on my 172

Any pics of the connector to make sure before I lead you down the wrong path

182 Cup
It's the part I'm pointing at...

2012-04-03 11 47 59.jpg

182, 172 Track Shed
Ahh sorry mate completely different connector and fuel rail by the look of it on the 1.2 compared to the 172 :(

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Mine did the same mate; fuel connector just popped off while I was driving!
I re-sat/connected it and haven't had any issues since; could just be me getting lucky though!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Has she had any work done recently as these can be a pig to get on and off so might not have been pushed all the way on.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
This happened to my sister yesterday actually.

It must not of been connected properly. And popped off eventually.

clio 1.2 2001 STD
these are a pain to get off if connected right. so by the sounds of it its only been pushed on and not fully clipped in