ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Light

Sorry, just a quick one. I have a loan car, pug 206, and the fuel light has come on. Anyone know quite accuratley how many miles I have left before I am actually empty. (yes because I am tight)

Keith

If its anything like my dads pug, about 100 miles! lol!

My valvers the other way round, if the fuel light comes on and you cant see a petrol station your fcuked! lol!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Best put a couple quid in .. cause you will kick yourself if it runs out.

whent to pick up a loaner yesterday and the car was not booked out to me for the 3 days I need it. Was given an absolute shed with no fuel, filled it up and faxed a letter of complaint when I got to work. Called up and said you can have your original car.

So they swapped the car so again I have no fuel, its in the other and the insurance company even charged me to change to a car I had aready changed to and from 4 hours earliers.....

Oh and my DAVS550 system is on the blink and I have a free standing bath in my front room and aaaaaaaaaaaaghggghghghgh!!!

_KDF you are right with my luck at the moment i will run out of fuel ...... i blame everything on peugeot!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

In my old 306 I had 8 litres left when the light just came on...

Safely Id assume a gallon tops!

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 20 August 2003

If its anything like my dads pug, about 100 miles! lol!

My valvers the other way round, if the fuel light comes on and you cant see a petrol station your fcuked! lol!
Remember you have a reserve tank tho!

On my Mk1, I have no reserve, but when light on, I can keep going for 30miles.. and it still goes.. dont push it past there tho! I darent.. hehe.

I ran out in my 206 GTi (*spit*) when the orange light came on and then promptly ran out of fuel about 4 miles later. Was not amused.

Valvers have a reserve tank with 10 litres (approx)......

Plenty of jucie to get you to the nearest shell station;)

Right this is how i think 16v tanks work.

Two tanks reserve and main.

When guage goes down to R youve more or less supped all your main tank, the gauge seems to wander around from R to 1/4 for about 30 odd miles though. When the main tank is completely dry a pump is supposed to take juice out of the reserve and into the main and the fuel light comes on for 5 seconds, which it does. At this point i reckon there must be around 15 ltrs of juice left. I basically then wait till a I see the fuel light about 3 times at which point it comes on a lot more frequently as you go around corners etc. Even then when i filled up tues night (about 220-225 miles from last fill up) i only got 38.5 ltrs in. So there seems to be plenty of warning before you run out totally.

Thats what I thought but my light has only ever come on once, and that was when I was wingin it round a r/a, 10 miles later I filled up and it took 46odd litres!

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 21 August 2003

its not good for the car as it picks up all the sh17e from the bottom of your tank i.e rust etc!!
:eek: you accusing our cars of being rusty, come on gang lets smoke Smokey *lol*