ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel pipe split

Hi one of my fuel pipes was resting on the cambelt :/ (stupid garage) and its been rubbing against it and made a split in one of the fuel pipes that goes in to the injector area ....well i taped it up for now and put a rubber seal round it and loads more tape , do u think it will be ok for a few days to drive easily ?

No get it done

As standard the pipes are in a sh*te location, for the reason you have stated above, i have relocated mine when i changed the engine.

Go to Halfords and get some fuel pipe, it aint expensive!

but how easy is it to fit , i also took both pipes off and reloacated them well above the cam belt ! just how do i replace it ?

Just purchased a 7.5mm DIA 1 metre fuel hose with clips , from Halfords is this correct for my valver , looks the same size !

your fuel pressure.......

a split would see it spew fuel everywhere, not safe, but are we talking the return line or the supply line tothe rail after the regulator?

huh?

in from the regulator on the right, out the otehr side, follow the lines.

Newer renaults have the return line inside the tank so you only get the supply line to the rail. Which is why we had vapourisation problems in HK with the heat.

why the hell have you a filter in the supply line...???

theres one under the car in front of the petrol tank!

BenR - theres no return line on craigs car from the fuel rail, the nipple just sits there with no pipe on it!! totally bizarre!

i cant see it doin any harm havin an extra filter on there !

Will it affect performace and is it safe ?

Thats all im bothered about ...

lol forget all my sh*t ! i took it to the garage and there fitting me a new pipe now lol !,

But hey at least i tried huh ?

:oops:

I know its probably not much use to you now but renault sell double union pipes to repair split hoses. I think theyre about £3.50 each.

Double union pipe 8mm 77 01 038 858
Double union pipe 10mm 77 01 038 859

Quote: Originally posted by weight on 27 May 2003

why the hell have you a filter in the supply line...???

theres one under the car in front of the petrol tank!

BenR - theres no return line on craigs car from the fuel rail, the nipple just sits there with no pipe on it!! totally bizarre!
Strange!!! lol.....any pics?

Thats a carb filter too!

supply line is from the right side of the rail, you place the regulator before the rail so you get your desired pressure, otherwise you just get the max pressure the pump can supply at.

lol ye i just whacked that fuel filter on there to get me to work and around for the morning , didnt leak any petrol so ... :)