ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel rail guard

turbo 182
The 2 10mm nuts are both rounded that hold the fuel rail guard on. :( any idea how I can get them off? There is next to no room either. Thanks

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Buy 2 sacrificial socket bits one size smaller than the nuts and hammer them on so they bite into the metal,
then buy 2 new nuts.

turbo 182
I've tried 6 and 12 sided, still won't grip, there isn't enough room to hammer sockets onto the nuts either..... Or is there? Thanks

172 Cup
May have to remove the bumper to get a swing with the hammer, bit of a pain but not a massive job.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hit fuel rail guard with a hammer and shatter it, then buy new one for £5

So hit a bit of cast metal that was specifically designed to take a blunt impact and resist such impacts then in doing so risk breaking the lower inlet plenum/plastic fuel rail or worse (and slightly extreme), rip the M6 grade 8.8 studs out of the head? Yeah, I wouldn't do that.

turbo 182
i think the easiest option is to grind the fuel rail cover off. unless some1 has actually managed to remove the rounded nuts before?

SQ5
So hit a bit of cast metal that was specifically designed to take a blunt impact and resist such impacts then in doing so risk breaking the lower inlet plenum/plastic fuel rail or worse (and slightly extreme), rip the M6 grade 8.8 studs out of the head? Yeah, I wouldn't do that.

They are made to take a front impact, not one from the top ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The support ribs below suggests otherwise Danny... but I'm up for watching someone that one.

4u6uhada.jpg