ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel rail removal

I'm sending my spare inlets off to jamsport for porting, I need to send the fuel rail guard as well that I have fitted as it needs painting to match. Don't have a spare.

How does it come off? I can't see what's holding it on, also can I run the car while it's not attached? Ta

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I'm sending my spare inlets off to jamsport for porting, I need to send the fuel rail guard as well that I have fitted as it needs painting to match. Don't have a spare.

How does it come off? I can't see what's holding it on, also can I run the car while it's not attached? Ta

As above, 2 nuts. If you look at it head on, you will see about 4 holes facing forward. 2 of them have nuts in them, that you need to remove.

No danger in running the car without. Only danger is if you have a big head on impact, your fuel lines don't have the guard, so could catch fire and go boom.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
If they're not 13mm, they could be 10mm.

I've had ones before that were like that.

Need deep sockets.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Mine was weird, LHD side was a 13mm flanged nut. RHD side was a 10mm flanged nut.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
dont worry about petrol, that only happens with the fuel rail and not the cover.

PH2 172
THIS IS A NUT.gif THIS A BOLT.png THIS IS A STUD.jpg THIS IS A STEPPED STUD.jpg
The fuel rail cover is retained by two 8mm x 1.25 pitch flange nuts.
For some reason,Renault chose to commission these with a 10mm socket head size,but these can be replaced by 2 a penny 13mm socket head sized flange nuts,providing you have a deep thin walled socket.

For those who do not know better,I hope the attached illustrations will be educational.

Last edited: