ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuelling problem

this has been happening intermittently on my P reg 1400 RT.

The revs drop way down when idling, close to cutting out. it usually happens after ive been booting it, it happened yesterday on the way back from crail. i got to a local cruise (strathycruise) and it was nearly cutting out, it didnt sound too healthy. so, i turned it off for about an hour to let the engine cool down as i thought it might be overheating (even though coolant temp wasnt showing it was too hot).

started it again and it was still doin the same. i drove round strathy and had to keep the revs high, any time they dropped (like when the clutch is down) it was very close to cutting out. so, i dont think its due to overheating. drove up the road on a dual carriageway (70 all the way) and when i got into my town (East Kilbride) it was idling normally again.

The car has been using excessive amounts of petrol ever since i got a new backbox on it. My guess is that the engine was flooded due to excess fuel, which becomes far too much when im booting it (if that makes sense).

Anyone got any ideas why its happening?

how can i get the air/fuel mix back to normal?

thanks v.much for any help