ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full service

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi guys,

Time to get the 172 serviced.. (never had a car serviced..!)

How much should I be looking at for a full service roughly, just so I know what's a good price and what isn't.

Last service was cambelt etc.

Thanks.

M2 Comp
You've never had a car serviced?!

To give you an idea, i've just done the below;

Oil
Oil filter
Air filter
Cabin filter
Type D coolant
Thermostat
Spark plugs
Gearbox oil

All of the above were genuine parts and I think it came in at just under £150, with a further £144 for labour (3 hours @ £40 + VAT per hour).

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
''service with plugs, coolant, brake fluid, oil/filter and air/pollen filters, this includes all the usual service check''

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
or.. If I were to give it a go...

Can anyone list the tools needed for the whole job? (I have no tools whatsoever, and I'm not too capable with a spanner but may give it ago).

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
As Dan says, it's good for someone who knows what they are doing to have a good look over your car.

They may find something like a cracked/broken spring or similar that you'd other wise miss just dropping/changing the oil on your drive

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I might get Rentech to do it then, just as it has racked up a few miles since its last service so a trained eye will be better.