ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fun little battle with an S2000 at Snetterton yesterday

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Can't say I know alot about S2000's apart from they have more power, RWD and are slightly heavier as standard, not sure what this guy had done to his but saw an oil cooler in the front bumper so doubt the rest of it is standard. He has the run on me out of corners due to being RWD however I make up the ground on the brakes, was a good little battle tbh although if he let me through I think I would have been able to gap him after a lap or so.. probably.

In other news old men who own Caterhams really don't like getting out of the way, you can see it slightly in this video but i have various others where the blue Caterham just didn't want to move to let me past even though I had just caught him so was obviously quicker over a lap. I'm always quick to let others drivers through if they have just caught me so no excuse for them to be any different, I guess they don't like a little Clio overtaking them? they should probably book some tuition.

Last edited:
Good vid. Looks like you were the better driver in the slower car as the s2k's lines were shocking at times. As for the 7 douche bags, these tools seem to be at every TD I've ever attended.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Good vid. Looks like you were the better driver in the slower car as the s2k's lines were shocking at times. As for the 7 douche bags, these tools seem to be at every TD I've ever attended.

Ta, I'm sure it sounded like the S2000 had a supercharger when it came past the pit straight but it couldn't of otherwise it would have flown away on the straights.

You kept it on the track then ?

Must be them tyres, mega grip!

Yeh all good, nice and and warm so the tyres were spot on almost instantly, yeh amazing grip tbh, although im a little concerned how quick they are wearing down but I can probably run them quite low.

Nice battle! S2000's are similar in performance to a Clio 172 in my experience. Two friends had them, and they were a bit underwhelming. Neither of them made anyway near 240bhp on the rolling road either, whereas my 172 made more than book. In reality it means the power to weight ratio is really similar.

Not taking anything away from an S2000 though as they look and sound fantastic