ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

funky steering noise... suggestions...

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
my cars devoloped a really weird noise recently, it sounds as if something is turning and rubbing against something, its REALLY loud seems to always happen at speeds over 50mph.

sounds like its coming from drivers side, up steering column. it never lasts for longer than 10 seconds and usually comes back again a wee while later. had the offside wheel bearing replaced as thought it was that. but still happens. also the the steering wheel and whole car now vibrates really violently the faster i go, only happens at above 50mph ish aswel, assuming there related.

standard suspension ect, aftermarket wheels.

was going to book it in for tracking balancing? as never had that done when fitted alloys.

oh its a mk1 ph2 1.2, and its driving me mad litterly lol, doing 50 on bypass on way to uni

any suggestions comments appreciated.
Thanks
Michael.