ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Funny noise from left side

RenaultSport clio 172 exc
Right,

got me a 172 mrk1, runs like a dream and never had any probs...... untill now. Got coilovers fitted about 18 months ago and have had one or two issues with them. one being the fricking roads where i am just not being suitable for lowered/stiffened cars. So i get the occosional knock, rub, twang noise from the shocks when i am on full lock, think that is just the geomotry of the springs etc in the arch and totally not worried about that.

However the main issue i have now is that whenever i turn to the right (when driving) the right had side of the car sounds like there is an ivisble tin of pennies being shaken about.

Iv checked seals on shocks and bushes look ok to my untrained eye, even empted the boot of spare and other nonsence. And it is still there.

Any ideas what it could be or shal ill just have to fork out for a garage to have a look.

Ps i forgot to say, back brakes need replaced... if that could be it.

Cheers

Rick

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
From the description you have given (The sound) have you checked your CAT ? When they break up inside they sound like lots of bits of broken china rattling about.

Dunno why It would only happen turing one direction though?

RenaultSport clio 172 exc
hmmmmm interesting thought.

it does sound like that.

is there any quick way to check that? ie give it a good old rattle wi a stick.

im going to need to send it to the garage anyway as it need a good service and the brakes done so i can always get it checked over.

its just bugging me at the moment as i have no idea what it could be.

thanks for the help dude.