ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

funny noise (think its the wheel bearings)

(icebreg) clio 172 ph2
think my wheel bearings on the back drivers side have gone.. its making like a wining noise wen driving just been down to kent and back to hull over the weekend.. can any 1 help? cost?? cheers peeps

T

thecremeegg

I had to have 2 new wheel bearings, sounded like a loud rumbling at speed, so looks like you've got the same problem

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
£180 from a stealers... go to your local backstreet garage. £120 or thereabouts.

(icebreg) clio 172 ph2
its like a humming noise.. how soon i need them doing??? 200 sheets!!! chuff!!!!!:dapprove:

its like a humming noise.. how soon i need them doing??? 200 sheets!!! chuff!!!!!:dapprove:

Soon realy it can damage the hub if lef.
Life span depends though how bad they are I'd get them done ASAP just for good maintaince practice.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
humming noise when? alll the time or just between certain speeds?

my rears only did it after 50mph bu think my fronts are dead and they do it all time, sounds like tyre noise but its gettin ridiculous now cant be tyre noise.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
what other symptoms should i be seeing/feeling/hearing if front bearings are gone??

Lionel Richie
one wheel bearing costs £200 fitted?? eh!

bearing is £20-£35 (depending where you get it)

take the rear disc off yourself

£20 to a garage with a press, bish bash bosh done

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
what about fronts tho? are they same as rears and pressed into disc and jobs a goodun?

nothing, blown up!
easy way of checking, take the wheel off, lift the car up and turn the wheel mount, if it makes a noise its ya bearings!

D

deadonkey

I had the exact same problem. Put it down to tyre noise to start with. I's just got some new tyres on and I thought, I wont be buying these type of tyres again.
Then it steadily got louder and louder. Far too loud for tyre noise.
Cost me £140 at a Renault dealership to get a new wheel bearing fitted

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
I had the exact same problem. Put it down to tyre noise to start with. I's just got some new tyres on and I thought, I wont be buying these type of tyres again.
Then it steadily got louder and louder. Far too loud for tyre noise.
Cost me £140 at a Renault dealership to get a new wheel bearing fitted

cheap for a stealer!