ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FurioAl's Progress Thread..

1.2 dynamique
I thought i would finally start a progress thread for my car as i have done a few subtle mods, but then i can update this in the summer when i carry out the main mods..

It started out life as a 2005 54 reg on 19000 with aircon.. and i managed to pick it up for £3750, so i was quite impressed.. i spent AGES trying to find a black one..

The first thing i did was to stick a sports grill on it..

clio.jpg

Then i started my general cleaning/tidying up of the car.. my mods so far include:

• Colour coded bump strips all round
  • Colour coded door handles
  • Alpine headunit, pioneer components and JBL sub/amp and false floor install
  • Cliosport grill
  • Aero wipers
  • Xenon bulbs
  • Silvervisions are on order
  • Anthracite front diamond
clio1.jpg

As im on a student budget it's pretty hard to afford mods during term time, but ill be back working over the summer holiday so i can afford it then..

Future plans for summer holidays:

• Give it a going over with my UDM and sonus compounds
  • Lowered ~ 50mm on shocks and springs kit
  • 16" alloys - either some OZ rims or speedlines
  • Enclosed induction kit - with CAF hidden behind front grill
  • Megane front splitter
  • Possibly 172 rear bumper
  • Side skirts
  • Exhaust
Many thanks,
Al
:)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate. A bit like my old clio all colour coded, 172 back bumper tho.

After seeing how tastefully done your saxo was I'm expecting good things to come from this project :)

1.2 dynamique
Update: 29th May 2009

Well i bought a pipercross induction kit with relocation kit (thinking it would atleast take in a little more cold air) but unfortunately the relocation pipe doesn't fit in my engine bay as i have aircon...

So i have just connected the pipercross up with the silicon hosing.. still impressed with it! Not looking for any performance gains as its a 1.2.. it just sounds nice :p
Im also a little disappointed that i have to sacrifice havig a rocker cover as it forms part of the standard airbox.. :(

I also have two packs of silversions sitting at home for me to be fitted :)

IMG_0267.jpg

Many thanks,
Alex

Last edited:
  1.2 dynamique
A little update:

• Silvervision bulbs fitted all round
  • Portercable'd my bump strips after they were colour coded
  • Cleaned and waxed with P21's
  • Fitted a piper cat back system
  • Sprayed centre cap diamonds - ford graphite grey to match front diamond
1-18.jpg

3-13.jpg

2-18.jpg

4-9.jpg

Next on the list:

• Lowering
  • Alloys
  • Meggy Splitter

Thanks for reading!
Al

1.2 dynamique
Update 31st October 2009:

New mods - mazda mps ariel, dynamat'd my boot floor and spare wheel well to quieten my exhaust inside the car & new wheels..

I drove down to Oxford yesterday to pick up my new set of wheels...
They are essentially brand new 16" Team dynamic pro race 1.2's the previous owner had only driven them 40miles! They had brand new toyo proxies on them.. was really pleased that i managed to get them for £250.. i think it's a pretty good price!

I now really really really want to get it lowered.. im going to save up for a v-max coilover kit..

Once the wheels are a little older i think i will spray them anthracite or maybe black..

I apologise about the picture quality, but i was just using a point and shoot and it was dark.. also the car is in desperate need of a clean.. but it least gives you an idea!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Comments? I KNOW IT NEEDS LOWERING! it will be done soon! :rasp:

Many thanks,
Alex

Last edited:
  1.2 Dynamique billabong
bargain, they look good and surprisingly better in the silver than i thought. do they feel any different to drive being lighter and having better tyres.
will look epic like this :)

alslowered.jpg

1.2 dynamique
bargain, they look good and surprisingly better in the silver than i thought. do they feel any different to drive being lighter and having better tyres.

I was quite suprised at how they looked in silver.. i bought them with the intention of making them anthracite.. but at the moment i think im ok with them silver..

My rear tyres were only just legal, so now having four new tyres makes a big difference.. my back end doesn't feel twitchy like it did before..

Im pleased to say that they haven't affected the ride at all... im glad i didn't go for 17's with 40 profiles.. these still cushion the bumps nicely.. and i get full lock .. :rasp:

Al