ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuse

Ad

MK2 FRS

For the second time in 3months the 15amp fuse for the headunit and dash display has fused. I have a Sony Headunit and PC9-500 Adapter. Is this worth a trip to renault or is it likely to be just a conincidence???

adtmits,
can you tell me what the PC9-500 cable does. IS it just the stick or the stick and diplay as well (i know its not answering your question but i want to know as im getting an MD sony unit)

Thanks

Ad

MK2 FRS

Ive got a Sony Minidisc MDX M690. It just allows the steering controls to work. You get clock and Temp display as well. I wasnt that bothered about the full display as it was so basic. Well worth the money £50 if I remember right. What Model you going for??

I know Renault electrics are "interesting" in build quality but fuses shouldnt be blowing. If your under warenty go back to your dealer if not ... time to start tracing wires!!

djmcfish, you can say that again!! Im having my second set of serious electrical problems in my year old Clio, pressing the foot-brake makes the indicator speed up, the indicator stops when I engage reverse gear, the bulbs flash at random when I indicate right (any two of the three could be working), the right hand indicator light comes on in the dash when I brake... its going straight back to the garage to get yet another warranty job done on it! I reckon Renault must have lost money on the sale of my car based on the £2000 warranty job its already had done plus this one, and what with them giving a 19-year-old free insurance and all! And its not a new thing the leccie probs with Renaults, my dad bought a brand new Fuego when I was a three-week-old baby and that same day it went on fire (total write-off!) due to dodgy headlight wiring! AND I lost every toy I owned cos they were in the boot!

adtmits: Ill dont know exactly off the top of my head what the model number is but its the MD LP Xplod one.
I just wanted to know if the displa works as well.

Thanks

Ad

MK2 FRS

Only askin cause theres a really good place in Manchester-Car audio centre (Theyve got a branch in Notttingham). Got my minidisc for £300 (£500 in Halfords) and my X-plode CD changer for £160 (£300 in Halfords.). Have used them twice now and both times theyve been really good. All stock is uk sourced- no imports.

Renault Laguna Coupe

ICEMan LOL - thats a great story about the Fuego - did you know you can get regression therapy for that sort of thing?

Ad

MK2 FRS

Mine is def MDX M690 as I have still have the box!!! It has the same model No in halfords. I think the m600 does not have the face off but am not sure!!

The biggest irony is of course the fact that Fuego actually means Fire in Spanish! Couldnt really sue them under the trades descriptions act for that one!