ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

g4 macbook, worth getting?

fancy trying a macbook but dont want to pay mega money, you can get g4's for a fair price, is it worth getting one? i only really use my computer for internet and music.
can you run msn on an mac? easy to plug in my phone e.t.c?

a g4 wouldnt get on my nerve's being slow or anything like that would it? thier quite old arnt they!

Megane
I wouldn't touch one.

If you want to get something cheap, make sure it has Intel Processor.

They don't even make alot of software for the IBM stuff AFAIK so if will just be a pain I think.

IIRC there's no such thing as a G4 MacBook.

They made an iBook G4 or a PowerBook G4, which both were PPC and are now pretty much old hat, so I wouldn't bother if it's either of those. If it is in fact a MacBook (and therefore Intel powered), then go for it.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I used to have a PowerBook G4 as a pseudo-desktop machine in one of my old jobs due to my employer being too tight to buy me an iMac, way back in the Jaguar (10.2) days. It wasn't too bad at the time actually, but would be piss poor compared to a modern MacBook, let alone a Pro.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I still use a G4 powerbook as my main machine at home, it's starting to show its age now, but there's still enough life left in it to warrant me not upgrading to an intel based machine.

(although I do have some other macs which are intel which I can use if I need to, although generally run as servers)

Flash runs like a dog on it though, although to be fair, flash is a dog anyway.