ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who Makes What?

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Renault genuine parts? As much as I have no issue in buying genuine parts, I can't help but wonder if there was a way of knowing who supplied what parts to Renault so you can go straight to the manufacturer and buy said cam kits, water pumps, suspension components and get OEM standard without paying a premium to have said parts in a Renault box.

This all came about as my MK2 Kangoo is due a belt change and to be fair RPD has some great deals on but at the same time think this thing has many miles and isn't worth a great deal of money anymore, I wish there was a way of knowing who supplied the service kits so that you can save a little money without losing quality on a vehicle which isn't worth a whole lot.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Valeo, beru, gates, to name a few that supply oem ren parts. Different suppliers for every model, i guess it depended who tendered for the contract to make the part.

Stick a gates belt kit on the Kangoo, or oem, both cheap as chips. Water pump last couple ive used have been cheap brands, seem to have been alright. Used oem aux kit which was again pretty cheap, in line with gates price wise.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's one of them 'where do you start' when it comes to who makes what.

I'm guessing Gates make the full cambelt kit, but i can't be too sure. They definitely make the actual belt.

The dephaser is Aisin.

Aux belt is Hutchinson, not sure about the tensioner.

Most of the water/coolant system as well as quite a few electrical stuff is Valeo.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Valeo, Gates, Purflux, Febi, Beru, Ajusa, TRW, SNR, Lemforder, Bosch, Magnetti Marelli, NGK, Sachs, Delphi, ATE just to name a few of the manufacturers for MK2 Clio/Kangoo stuff

Renault is a massive minefield with parts between ages, most genuine parts are just reboxed parts with a 50% markup