ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gamecubes

A well built VW
Any good ? Not a big games fan but my daughters after something and rather than a p1 Argos have this on special cheap I heard its very underated but im no expert

very capable games console, nothing too involving, and pretty good graphics being supported by ATI

games are pretty much all arcade style with less involvement than the ps2 and xbox, far more instant fun IMO

Clio 182
alot less games choice than other consoles and this has been its downfall really.... releasing games that are by far orginal. But having said that Super Monkey ball 2 is the best game i have played on the cube and the best thing is i saw the console for sale brand new in GAME for £25 cant go wrong for that tbh.

A well built VW
Yeah Argos has em special white edition with super strikers game - just been to nintendo.com for a demo of the game and it looks like fun nothing too serious (or platinum with Mario cart but sold out ) and a choice of another for under £50 with 2 controllers and a memory card which i thought was a cracking deal

A well built VW
Its limited stock and sold out in most stores both of them lucky to get one , ill get mario cart at a later date

Most mario's are great apart from the actual story one (mario sunshine)

The new mario soccer is well good, also monkey ball never fails for fun.

Great console imo, just very childish and only really fun for groups of people

I bought a 2nd hand one for the misses this christmas - had to 'test' it before i wrapped it - very good fun for the money!!! mariokart is great, res evil 4 is awsome and bond is fun too!!

A well built VW
Bought it today , the soccer strike game is addictive pure arcade style which means i can just about manage it

Looking for some more games any recommendations for a young child (at heart anyway)and my daughter whos 6aswell

Gamecube is a lost gem almost on a par with the Dreamcast, I had a Panasonic Q for a few years before scaling back to standard Cube, great piece of kit. Oh and near instant load times, going from a Cube to a PS2 is a huge culture shock in that department.

I have to make a stand against the childish comment though, yes there are more than enough games to keep the kids happy but this little lot are pretty involving even for the older folks...

Probably the best versions of the Resident Evil series you will ever play, Ikaruga (the hardest game I've ever played), Phantasy Star, Metroid Prime, Castle of Shikigami II, Tales of Symphonia, Eternal Darkness, Zelda: Wind Waker, Viewful Joe etc. And I imported one of the best fighting games I've played, Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4. The thing with many is that they are (or were) Gamecube exclusives.

But thinking about it the most fun I've had playing games has been on the "childish" games, Animal Crossing, Donkey Konga, Super Monkey Ball, Pikmin etc, childish = good fun, whch is what its all about!

For children you just cant beat monkey ball!! good for adults too and if you play multi player with the kids you can 'lose' on purpose without them guessing!