ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming headsets - yes or no?

Mini JCW
As I won't be able to use the surround sound system much for gaming, it struck me that a decent set of hi fi headphones would suit me - but looking further it seems a set of pseudo surround headsets with chat function integrated will be my best bet.

What do you guys use currently and what are you planning on using for the PS4 / XBOne?

I'm looking at these http://www.astrogaming.co.uk/a40-au...#prefn1=astroCompatibility&prefv1=PS4&start=1

WHITE_A40_34A0s_0023_Astro_A40_Tag.jpg

Has anyone used these before?

Only ever heard good things about the A40's, but im doubtful to if they would work on consoles..

Ive got Logitech G35's on my PC, and they also work on my Xbox, but my ps3 doesnt support the mic or the 7.1 surround so they're abit useless on that aha

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've been rocking with the Sharkoons X-tatic 5.1 for the last 5 years or so and they been awesome. Only thing is they don't do a separate volume for the game and chat. I noticed lately some of the lads on here have changed headsets and now sometimes I can hardly hear what their saying.

I wouldn't mind having a new headset has to be 5.1 with separate voice controls. I use the Playstation on the PC monitor and it's got no speakers having a gaming headset vastly improves the gameplay for defo

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I might get the Sony Pulse wireless ones, 7.1 apparently. £70.

Yaris Hybrid
Nice. I have the Astro A40's. They are stupidly comfortable, you can wear them all night and not feel them. They are also a couple of years old now and still look like new. I bought a spare pair of ear pads so I can use them whilst one set is being washed.

Personally I prefer the sound from my Sennheiser 598's but obviously they don't have a mic. I can plug them into the Astro mix amp but in all honesty I couldn't tell the difference between the pseudo surround sound using the mix amp and just running them in stereo directly from the sound card. Actually I lie. You could tell the difference but it is a personal taste thing.

But yeah the Astro's still sound good, you won't regret it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Got some tritton 5.1 jobbies. Got them cheap as they were black ops branded. LOL

Mini JCW
Nice. I have the Astro A40's. They are stupidly comfortable, you can wear them all night and not feel them. They are also a couple of years old now and still look like new. I bought a spare pair of ear pads so I can use them whilst one set is being washed.

Personally I prefer the sound from my Sennheiser 598's but obviously they don't have a mic. I can plug them into the Astro mix amp but in all honesty I couldn't tell the difference between the pseudo surround sound using the mix amp and just running them in stereo directly from the sound card. Actually I lie. You could tell the difference but it is a personal taste thing.

But yeah the Astro's still sound good, you won't regret it.

I was going to go for a Mixamp pro / AKG 551s or Sennheiser 558s and an inline mic, but when I saw these with 25% off I decided to take a punt.

Much neater as they're wireless too. They won't be as able as good quality stereo 'phones though imo.

Clio 182
I've used turtle beaches on 360 for past 2yr, no quibbles, were £30 in a January sale one year

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
tritton ax180s for my pc will be getting something similair for the xb1 hopefully as the standard mic is uncomfortable as fook

M

Marty B

any one heard of the occulus (not sure on spelling) virtual reality headset gives users complete 360 degree view of in game surroundings

Mini JCW
Reviews on these seem relatively decent, ordered a metal headphone stand to have them on display too.