ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming headsets

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So, my Tritton AX720s are dying a slow death and I want to replace/upgrade them.

Wouldn't mind trying a wireless headset this time, anyone got any recommendations? Or are wired ones generally better/more clear etc?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not much of a budget really, don't mind splashing out if it's decent. I'll take a look at them links, cheers. Are Logitech wireless ones any good?

Edit: PS3&Xbox, should have said really, oops.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I bought som ax720's which were for blops branded so got them so much cheaper than non branded. Really like them but then that is what you have already!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?613021-Gaming-Headphones-XB360

I got some Turtle Beach X41's in the end and they're excellent.

The only problem with them, and with many other wireless headsets, is that they can pick up interference from other wireless networks (for example, if someone is using a computer/laptop which uses a router in close proximity to the headset dock). Not really a big issue though, and sound quality is excellent.

F82 M4
I've never really understood the fascination with Turtle Beach, I've always found them pretty basic quality wise. Sennheisers are the best headsets money can buy for sound quality and Steelseries are the best you can buy for comfort. I use Steelseries Siberia V2's and I honestly forget I'm wearing them.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Must have missed that thread :eek: I usually have my MBP next to me when I'm playing, and the router is in my room too so hopefully there won't be much interference. Going to look for them x41's now, cheers! :cool:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've never really understood the fascination with Turtle Beach, I've always found them pretty basic quality wise. Sennheisers are the best headsets money can buy for sound quality and Steelseries are the best you can buy for comfort. I use Steelseries Siberia V2's and I honestly forget I'm wearing them.

Hmm this has changed my mind now lol. These look smart http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002TLT10S/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Not sure if these work with consoles though?

Yaris Hybrid
If you don't have budget issues then get Astro A40's. I got a wired pair and they are awesome.

You can wear them for hours with no discomfort or fatigue and they sound pretty good too.

Personally I don't like wireless headphones. Mainly because I sit within cable range so there is no benefit but also the ones I've had in the past don't sound as good, tend to crackle or have a slight hiss and of course they have to be charged up.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Really want wireless tbh, the amount of cables in my room is insane! The only thing that worries me is interference as my router is quite close to the PS3 so I want to find a set that have little/no interference.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
For those interested, Santa is bringing some TB XP500's.

Pretty epic spec, 7.1 surround sound and the all important - wireless.

:clap:

Monaco 172
Bump for some advice, I'm not a huge huge gamer but I have recently got back into it and play my ps3 most nights for a few hours. I'm after a ps3 compatible headset thats as close to £50 as possible but the cheaper the better, any recommendations?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I have some x41 pro logic wireless headphones... Not sure of there compatible for both consoles as I had them for my Xbox, hardly used.

pm if interested, very cheap for quick sale

Monaco 172
Thanks Liam, just having a look at reviews and they look really good and Jamie you have PM.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think the X41's will be compatible but the voice chat will be disabled.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Logitech G35 supposed to be the bee's knee's and they've come down in price on OCUK - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-070-LG&groupid=702&catid=1058

I've recently bought a pair or PX21s from argos, were £70 now £40, I did have a pair before and thought they're were excellent before they literally exploded in to multiple seperate parts on my head, but looks like they're a revised pair so thought why not, they're cheaper and they're still really good for the price, excellent sound, nice deep punchy bass (Explosions sound awesome) and the virtual type surroundsound is really good.

Edition 30
Anyone rocking PX22's? The reviews I've read have been awesome but wondered if anyone had experience on here.

My X12's have bust and with the next games/consoles coming out will need some new ones.

Edition 30
How do you get on with the rounded ear bits? I've always found oval much more comfortable.