ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gap insurance

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
Which companies are good for GAP Insurance?

Been quoted 300 from Ford for a 2 year policy for a 15k car and I am sure people pay loads less than that

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi,
Just to let you know that we offer a product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP product we feel for some clients it can make a cost effective alternative. If you wanted any further details them please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

DB.

BMW 440i
Anyone used Chris knott?

Ordering my new car this week and saw him pop up on the BMW forums.

DB.

BMW 440i
How useful is gap insurance if you have put down a deposit of c. £10k on a £40k car?

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
How useful is gap insurance if you have put down a deposit of c. £10k on a £40k car?
You can get GAP cover which will take you back to the invoice cost in the event of a claim so could be very useful

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Thread bump.

Want to get Gap for mine, Ala came out at £245 for 3 year cover, Direct Gap £185.
I'm wanting full invoice price cover, anyone got much experience?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Holy thread revivial!

Needing to help sort out gap insurance for my girlfriend's new car. I just let BMW sort mines out when I got my car so I'm not too clued up on doing it all separately.

Looking at a Return To Invoice policy, so assuming it's best to cover for the full 4 years (it's a 48 month PCP), although 3 to 4 years jumps the price up a good bit! How do you work out what level of cover you need too? Been looking on ALA, and they give you a recommended value. Is it fairly accurate?

GTD, Lupo
Holy thread revivial!

Needing to help sort out gap insurance for my girlfriend's new car. I just let BMW sort mines out when I got my car so I'm not too clued up on doing it all separately.

Looking at a Return To Invoice policy, so assuming it's best to cover for the full 4 years (it's a 48 month PCP), although 3 to 4 years jumps the price up a good bit! How do you work out what level of cover you need too? Been looking on ALA, and they give you a recommended value. Is it fairly accurate?

Could you not just cover the 3 years for now and extend it if you get to the 4th year. Do you think you will own it in 4 years time? Also a little trick I found with ALA is, get a quote but don't purchase it straight away. Wait an hour or two and you normally get an email with a discount code attached.

VCLOUDALA10 gets you 10% off

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Could you not just cover the 3 years for now and extend it if you get to the 4th year. Do you think you will own it in 4 years time? Also a little trick I found with ALA is, get a quote but don't purchase it straight away. Wait an hour or two and you normally get an email with a discount code attached.

VCLOUDALA10 gets you 10% off
Valid point that, will more than likely consider trading it in before 3 years are up knowing her!

I think I found an ALA code for about 12% off last night, I'll need to have a look again. They seem to be the ones to go for from a bit of searching anyway.