ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage Advice

In Decemberlast year i had my front right shock absorber changed at a different garage to the one i normally use but it was close to work and convinient.
Last Friday i took my car to my normal garage to have a few bits sorted including a problem with the front right, being my normal garage he fixed everything and just told me how much it was afterwards which is our normal process, having got the bill i noticed that the problem i had had with my front right was the shock absorber which had had to be replaced, which means it had lasted less than 6 months.

Is it acceptable for something such as a shock absorber to last less than 6 months?
I'm guessing I have no comeback to the original garage as they will say that i should have taken the car back to them and now it has been replaced they can't do anything but i thought i'd check incase anyone has been in a similar situation.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If it was a genuine Renault Shock and you have a receipt to prove it then speak to your local dealer, providing the issue was not down to fitting by garage then should have 12 months parts and labour warranty.

Renault clio 2005
Live and learn If You find a good garage stick to it. You have no comeback at all to the garage that had fitted the shock absorber. Just move on and forget it.