ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage charged £60 for a coil pack

Black mk2 1.2
So since my 1.2 03 clio started misfiring the other day I was going to change the spark plugs myself, then realised you had to have this special slim socket socket for it, so I took it to the garage to be looked at as I was in a bit of a rush to get it back, I supplied the spark plugs.

In the end it needed a new coil pack as well and now I look at the invoice they have charged be £60 for a coil pack !!

So I looked on ebay and they are selling them for £40 for genuine renault ones ! So I'm now feeling a bit mugged off to be honest!

maybe I'm wrong and this is what any where would normally charge ??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You mean a business has tried to make a profit??

9b8b8c36881ec3ebd618f02c7f96cb36e1c935fd5d00897ca09b2312ab04b50a.jpg

Clio 182
They diagnosed the problem, supplied and fitted the part as well. Do you work for free?
kinda Serves you right for jumping the gun and buying plugs for no reason.

why do people think mechanics should work for free. Their diagnostic equipment and tools cost a bomb.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
If you buy off eBay and it fails then you have to remove it yourself and send it back. At least now them garage will sort it..

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
They diagnosed the problem, supplied and fitted the part as well. Do you work for free?
kinda Serves you right for jumping the gun and buying plugs for no reason.

why do people think mechanics should work for free. Their diagnostic equipment and tools cost a bomb.

not to mention rent rates wages tax....

Black mk2 1.2
That price was only for the coil pack it didn't include diagnostics or labour ? Don't worry I appreciate what they do as I've always used this garage

Clio 182
Next time don't buy parts unless you know what's wrong. If that was a 2.0 clio you would have sunk £40 on plugs or even more from Renault.

Black mk2 1.2
I get what your saying I wasn't too worried about the plugs since I was going to change them anyway....

im not worried about labour cost or the new plugs I was just shocked by the price for a new coil pack, but I guess now I know what to expect

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just another thing to add, you seem to have massively overlooked that a garage won't be buying things from eBay, shops with near enough no overheads. Phone Renault and see how much they are.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I was looking at buying a garage but decided against it. Thought it'd be something I'd enjoy but when ive weighed it all up its lots of headache for not massive rewards. A good garage deserves every penny they make IMO. .

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I got charged £8 for Chicken Satay from the takeaway last night.

I weighed out the chicken and other ingredients; turns out I could have made it myself from Aldi for £4.35!! Rip off merchants.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I got charged £8 for Chicken Satay from the takeaway last night.

I weighed out the chicken and other ingredients; turns out I could have made it myself from Aldi for £4.35!! Rip off merchants.

FLOL shame they don't sell ingredients on ebay ;)

£8!! It's a fiver round here ;)