ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage security

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So garage got broken into via the side door which has two locks which they’ve crowbarred out wrecking the lock and the door.

They didn’t take anything despite several tools being easy to grab so we can only guess they where on foot and after bikes.

I’ve replaced one of the locks and put a metal plate to protect the lock and hide the damage to the door.

I’m debating if it’s a good idea to put a small window in the door so if someone else comes snooping about they can look in see I haven’t got bikes and the door won’t get wrecked further and need replacing.

Thoughts

Putting up pir lights and neighbours getting cameras so that’s covered.

Last edited:

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Good lighting, maybe some wireless CCTV (I have Ring Spotlight cams) are good deterrants. I personally wouldnt have a window, I would rather beef the door up.

Is it a timber door? You can put rack bolts top and bottom to add a little extra security, and metal plates as you have done to stop a levered attack is probably as good as you can get, apart from something like a security bar that physically goes across the door. Make sure you use security/coach bolts to stop these being accessible from outside. Make sure your frame is well fixed in to the opening.

Audi s3
everything that’s been suggested so far.
In my old garage I concreted in a tow eye type piece and chained anything of value to it(a quad bike at the time)

bike sat on top of it and made it awkward as hell to get into cut if they wanted to steal it

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So garage got broken into via the side door which has two locks which they’ve crowbarred out wrecking the lock and the door.

They didn’t take anything despite several tools being easy to grab so we can only guess they where on foot and after bikes.

I’ve replaced one of the locks and put a metal plate to protect the lock and hide the damage to the door.

I’m debating if it’s a good idea to put a small window in the door so if someone else comes snooping about they can look in see I haven’t got bikes and the door won’t get wrecked further and need replacing.

Thoughts

Putting up pir lights and neighbours getting cameras so that’s covered.

Metal door?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Its a timber door.
So far I've reinforced the door and put up some more pir lights, its a bit like a football stadium now..:ROFLMAO:

I've also bought a couple of these to cover the entrance and exits which is probably the best deterrent because they are bloody loud, scared the s**t out of the cat.
https://www.yalestore.co.uk/shed-alarm.html

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Just fitted those schlosser technik door locks to mine, was quite easy if you have the right drill bits (3mm, 3.5mm, 10mm and 17mm).

Edit - just seen you got done via the side door. Not sure then apart from alarming it and spotlights/ring camera!

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane

But seriously that's s**t mate, I have nightmares sometimes of people breaking into my garage and nicking my tools. I always just bang my Clio bumper to garage door at night time, PIR light, Beefy lock, mostly stuff that people have already suggested.