ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage tyre advice

Clio 182 Cup FF
Just got my car back from the garage from a NON fault claim.
It has come back with 2 new tyres on but they are Nexen n6000 tyres? Anybody heard of these? looking at them they look like budgets compared to the mitchlins i had on before?

Any advice very welcome :)

Clio 172 Cup
I had 2 on my car when I picked it up, shear death!

IIRC I could spin the wheels between 2nd and 3rd lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If it's non fault, you're entitled to have it returned as it was before. Get onto insurance and the garage asap.

Clio 182 Cup FF
It should be like for like and i am pretty sure they are budget but wondered if anyone on here and heard of these tyres? Didnt wanna just go on the web for price guide.

think i will call local tyre place tommorrow and see what they think of that tyre etc.
bit disappointed aswel as they replaced the 2 front wheels but seem to of changed the centre caps but you can tell the colour difference? they have charged for new ones but it sounds to me like the have resprayed them?

GTD, Lupo
If you are not happy take it back and kick up a fuss. Don't accept anything if it's not to your liking.

Paul

Clio 182 Cup FF
Cheers paul :).

just phoned my insurance to note it with them as garage closed. They said they dont replace with like for like just standard tyres as car over 3 years old? i never heard of this before so i said about claiming this back from tp and she said this shouldnt be a problem but didnt think they would want me using these tyres untill then lol.

..** gets up to ring solicitor!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you're not happy with the work, return it to the garage. Don't drive it until you're 100% happy.

Clio 182 Cup FF
I had a brand new Courtsy car for the time it was in for.... oh that had some hard miles put on it!

It had Mitchlins pilot ebach or something like that

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers paul :).

just phoned my insurance to note it with them as garage closed. They said they dont replace with like for like just standard tyres as car over 3 years old? i never heard of this before so i said about claiming this back from tp and she said this shouldnt be a problem but didnt think they would want me using these tyres untill then lol.

..** gets up to ring solicitor!

Standard tyres are Michelin Pilot Exaltos so that's what they should fit. Look at Model Information on Renault website.
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/heritage/182/

Take it back, ask for exaltos to fitted and to do whatever they need to do to make the centre caps match, be it respray again or buy new ones. We had a non fault on a z4 and i returned it to the bodyshop 3 times until it was perfect (poor fitting front bumper, bad respray etc) though your issues are smaller, its the small principle. The garage are being paid for doing the work so they should be doing it right! insurance are usually very helpful if you give them a bell and explain the problem.

If Michelins were on there, I'd want the same put back on.

Tell them that you paid to have £120 a piece tyres on there, you shouldn't have them replaced with £40 tyres. Michelin Exaltos are fitted from factory and were actually designed for the Clio 182, so tell them, and don't accept it until you are 100% happy.