ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gatso speed camera result

Morning all.

Just chatting about the guy that took on the police and found out that the Gatso speed cameras were reading faster than they should.

The hearing was on the 15 jan i think - just wondered if anyone found out how he got on.

They say that if he won his trial, thousands could question their speed fines !

Anyone ??Ta

I remember reading a story once.

About a guy that was caught on Gatso doing something like 115mph or there abouts.

He paid a professional driver to take his car on track, and they proved that the car (it was a 1.2 or something) couldnt do more than 105mph. They dismissed the case, or he took a lesser punishment.

But my question is this ; How can they continue to allow the Gatsos to be used when its been proven to produce false results.

Im not saying all of them are false, but surely they cant allow people to be charged of crimes that they didnt commit ?

tiTTy & SV650

How often do they calibrate gatsos? I went through one on an unrestricted dual carriageway i.e. national speed limit (70mph) and I was doing about 66 and it flashed me twice! It is definitely a 70mph zone I was paranoid afterwards so checked the signs but nothing came of it as I wasnt speeding.