ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gave up finding a valver :-(

for the past month i hav travelled the country looking for a sweet valver to which i could not find one what so ever ! appologies for only findin cliosport.net in the last week !! So i think i will go for a williams now or do they have the same problems as the valver ??? gearboxs, mounts, arches ??? are they better built ? thanx

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ha ha! Thats French cars for ya!

Just got to keep lookin mate and youll find a nice un! I only looked at three and found mine though!

Why you gettin rid of ya R5? Specs?

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Its almost the same car mate.

Only a few bits are different and they all come from Renault!

You may however find that Williams have been owned by older and more enthusiastic people who take more care of them.

Theres plenty of Valvers out there mate, theres always mint ones on here for sale.

i spent 2 months lookking for a standard 16v, and when i found a good un, it had the leather in it too.

dont give up on it, as the good one may be just around the corner

also although you want a willaims now, be aware that there are some rights dogs of them out there too.

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Heard that the bonnet vent and bulge on the williams is bigger than 16v, is that true?

my r5 specs are

H redg, tungsten grey, rust free!, full europarts engine with new everything inc rad, alternator, turbo full sfs silicon hose set, full stainless tank set thats it at the mo the car is being built back into a sweet lookin standard 5 just need painting and waxoyling and interior putting back in car drives sweet and has done 67k, the engine has done 1.7 miles

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by 16vGaz on 27 May 2004

my r5 specs are

H redg, tungsten grey, rust free!, full europarts engine with new everything inc rad, alternator, turbo full sfs silicon hose set, full stainless tank set thats it at the mo the car is being built back into a sweet lookin standard 5 just need painting and waxoyling and interior putting back in car drives sweet and has done 67k, the engine has done 1.7 miles
Why do you want a 16v then? I would love a mint R5! I take it you sellin the R5 then?

Excellent Daz.

Ill get all the mechanical differences typed up and sent to you in a PM, because thats where theres a lot of the differences.

Quote: Originally posted by Ben P on 27 May 2004

Sorry for being dumd, but did the phase 1 or 2 willy come with a sunroof?
No, neither did.

The Williams 3 was the only one and that was an electric one.

its drivable but its not road legal its really only the engine and running gear thats worth alot about 2500quid needs painting too good for if someones after probably the best engine u could buy ! shell is rust free i dont know if i can part with it everytime i have it ticking over on the drive it just sounds awesome

Dont get a 5, get yours converted !! youll miss the way the valver feels, i was gonna swap my clio 16v for a mates 5 but couldnt after i drove it, yeah it was a LOT quicker than my 16v BUT the interior is NAFF and i didnt like the drive of it !! deffo clio GTT mate

[Edited by cliosportcraig on 28 May 2004 at 9:39am]

sorry for highjakking the thread, dont give up on the 16v mate keep looking, or even better get a willy, itll hold its value better !!

16vgaz - dont give up fella! i was in the same boat as you when i was looking a 16v myself!! It took me 6months in the end to find an example i was happy with. Sadly not all 16vs are looked after aswell as some of the Williamss out there.

If your patient you WILL find the 16v your looking for, maybe more so even quicker now you have found cliosport - a website based for clio enthusiasts! This is where i found mine - mine had just 40k miles on the clock when i bought her, and has served me well ever since! Ive not so much as had 1 problem with mine... despite all the common issues others mention. Ive recently had a Williams convertion too - and touch wood has never let me down / shown signs of any problems either!

Keep searching!

pic of mine to help ya keep up some faith with your search!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1074029617__PICT1016.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1074028601__PICT0987.jpg