ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GCC - Work in progress

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Hi all

This is probably not the best place to be saying my first "Hi", but it's done now.

My project is unfortunately not a new one to the word of ClioSport.net, instead it has been inspired by a thread already on here. A short while back I was talking to a friend about wanting a small van. a few days later he sent me pics of the van that was "created" by MattRS182 here.

So I've been keeping my eyes pealed for a reasonably nice looking 172 to be "transformed" and have some fun with, and then at the local auctions last night I managed to pick this up::

DSC_0491_zpssqgxva0g.jpg

DSC_0492_zpsn92gqyfv.jpg

(Photobucket now won't let me see the pictures I've added so I'll add them to the thread later...)

I guess in the grand old way of things I did alright for the price I paid!! However, there is no history with it, so new belts and all over service will be done before I tax it so I can't be tempted to take it out. If anyone knows anything about it, the previous owner, any history or anything then I'd be much appreciative of some knowledge. I know it was last owned by someone in Northfleet, Gravesend, who bought it from Wales, and obviously has ties to Wales as the 2012 MOT certificate was done in Wales. Other than this, I'm running blind a bit (read as a lot!!).

First things first, need to get shot of the rear light clusters as they're not to my taste, and raise the suspension back to standard hight, shouldn't be too hard as she's sitting on coil overs, and get shot of the wheels on there and get some standard wheels back on!!

I'm not new to the world of forums, but definitely new to the world of owning a Clio 172.
I'll try to keep updates to this thread for when I actually manage to get bits done, or when I'm looking for inspiration!!

For now though, Hi :)

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Just a few!!
And yes, it was your fault I bought one!! You should never have let me drive yours!!!

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Productive day today, taking bits off and having a good look around it!!

Wheels off, up on stands, and got the replacement rear calipers on that were picked up yesterday. Rear shocks are good, springs have seen better days though, what you reckon??

DSC_0515_zpswwtysj6m.jpg

DSC_0516_zpsampbkhgy.jpg

Having a look through the rest of the wheel arches I've spotted Goodridge hoses up front, and shocks and springs that need replacing!!

DSC_0519_zps8yisrbqd.jpg

DSC_0518_zps0ya7dqs4.jpg

Bit random when the locking wheel bolt turns into a nut...!!

DSC_0522_zps82bb4ay0.jpg

Got the standard air box back in place too. Need to get the air feed pipes for this, please ignore the blue, it will be going!!!

DSC_0525_zpsrviealla.jpg

Least the weather held out for me too... :)

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Yes will be. Haven't got them yet, but starting to look for them. Rear seats and all rear interior will be coming out this week