ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI/K-tec/Yozzasport ITB kits.. whats the diff?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
All Jenvey, although i beleive: Note assumptions here

GDI - Full inclusive
K-tec - Not Cam'd
YS - Not including omex.

I beleive there are other TB's on the market now, although yet to see them.

The K-tec one seems good tho, had a wee blast with Adeyspec in the vee and i couldn't catch him though the tight stuff and off the mark! 206bhp i think?!

ST
All Jenvey, although i beleive: Note assumptions here

GDI - Full inclusive
K-tec - Not Cam'd
YS - Not including omex.

I beleive there are other TB's on the market now, although yet to see them.

The K-tec one seems good tho, had a wee blast with Adeyspec in the vee and i couldn't catch him though the tight stuff and off the mark! 206bhp i think?!

itbOwned..

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
the gdi one doesnt include a cam but i think its the fully fitted price, the k tec is supply only and the yozza one i think is supply only of the boddies????? the ktec and gdi kits are the same ones, they all come from the same company and contain the same things

mine ran 205bhp on stock cams but has been maped again since as the map was off. will try and get a run on saturday to see if theres any more gains had, had a few different things changed on there as the car was still making power at the 7450 rev limit.

outa experience even tho i purchased my kit from ktec id use gdi, they have been the ones that have helped me along the way with my kit, missing parts funny running the lot and considering i didnt purchase it from them thats tops in my book, ktec well they supplied the kit nuff said, yozzasport the only comment i can make is, if they ever actually returned any of my calls they might of got the business, they didnt call so there loss.

what you cant see from the figures tho is the increased drivability, 205bhp is peak increase, my torque line is flat and gives me loads of revs worth of usable torque, i think i climbs up at 4k and has the same amount all the way throught to 7+k which makes it very quick allround car

next on my list to compliment the boddies is cams, looking to get them end of next month hopefully, can u guess where ill be going to get the work done ;)

ITB'd MK1
mine ran 205bhp on stock cams but has been maped again since as the map was off.
shame the Ph1 the map was done on had something odd going on with fuel supply. Perfect now though eh :)

outa experience even tho i purchased my kit from ktec id use gdi, they have been the ones that have helped me along the way with my kit, missing parts funny running the lot and considering i didnt purchase it from them thats tops in my book, ktec well they supplied the kit nuff said, yozzasport the only comment i can make is, if they ever actually returned any of my calls they might of got the business, they didnt call so there loss.

what you cant see from the figures tho is the increased drivability, 205bhp is peak increase, my torque line is flat and gives me loads of revs worth of usable torque, i think i climbs up at 4k and has the same amount all the way throught to 7+k which makes it very quick allround car

next on my list to compliment the boddies is cams, looking to get them end of next month hopefully, can u guess where ill be going to get the work done ;)

should be a monster with cams

RS RIP
anybody got pics of this Jenvey single body ?

Does this also have the four trumpets in front, having to modify the front of the car (radiator etc.) ? Or is this a new kit that does'nt need the modifications ?

ITB'd MK1
anybody got pics of this Jenvey single body ?

Does this also have the four trumpets in front, having to modify the front of the car (radiator etc.) ? Or is this a new kit that does'nt need the modifications ?

the single body is exactly that, it's one throttle body that replaces the standard one while retaining the plenum.

Modifications are limited to make the ITB kit fit, certainly you do not need a different radiator. We're testing a shorter rad very soon though, it's a quality part but we need to be happy it will cool the engine enough :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
the single body is exactly that, it's one throttle body that replaces the standard one while retaining the plenum.

Modifications are limited to make the ITB kit fit, certainly you do not need a different radiator. We're testing a shorter rad very soon though, it's a quality part but we need to be happy it will cool the engine enough :)

The single inlarged body makes no difference at all....This has been proven on numerous cars! Either go ITB or nothing at all imo!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
The single makes no difference to peak power on a std engine.

however what it does do, is give you more airflow / % throttle opening that means more power at any given part throttle area.

however its also been proved that on higher power engines it has benefits over the smaller body.

172 Cup
itb's or nothing is very well said but it does not suit everybody's pocket. The single enlarged body with cams and an ecu was a great package. GDI built a blue 172 with that very package and it was superb. Driveabilty was increased, fuel ecomomy was over 10% better, a big increase of touque/power and was all just over £1000 cheaper. Even the noise was near on the same.

Its what you fancy and what you can afford at the end of the day!!

To a previous post:

There are other itb manufactuer's out there, im in the process of setting out with a kit to see. They have failed once but with my mod's im hoping they'll work well. Soon as there are some proven results ill let you know.

Mk2 172
All ill say is they are worth getting!!! Dont spend loads on headwork, exhaust, decat, ported this, ported that. Just save up for the bodies if your plans are to do loads to your car. Youll end up spending £2500 quid+ on all the other stuff in the end and still wont have achieved the same power or massive difference in drivability that you get from bodies. Thats my opinion anyway :)

Yozzasport didn't return my calls or emails. When I did contact the chap he took my number and said he'd call back and never did. Bought my discs from GSF in the end.

the gdi one doesnt include a cam but i think its the fully fitted price, the k tec is supply only and the yozza one i think is supply only of the boddies????? the ktec and gdi kits are the same ones, they all come from the same company and contain the same things

mine ran 205bhp on stock cams but has been maped again since as the map was off. will try and get a run on saturday to see if theres any more gains had, had a few different things changed on there as the car was still making power at the 7450 rev limit.

Ph1
All ill say is they are worth getting!!! Dont spend loads on headwork, exhaust, decat, ported this, ported that. Just save up for the bodies if your plans are to do loads to your car. Youll end up spending £2500 quid+ on all the other stuff in the end and still wont have achieved the same power or massive difference in drivability that you get from bodies. Thats my opinion anyway :)

Makes no difference really because the chances are if you go for TB''s you'll end up doing all the above listed mods anyway and if you already have a cam package etc and get TB's then you'll have a very nice set up.