ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI manifold /ECU / Cam Package write up

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I presume the £1500 for the package includes a new cambelt??

If it does then basically the package is just over £1100 as you can pay £400 for a new cambelt alone.

Thats pretty good if it is :approve:

I presume the £1500 for the package includes a new cambelt??

If it does then basically the package is just over £1100 as you can pay £400 for a new cambelt alone.

Thats pretty good if it is :approve:

The package doesn't include a new cambelt as the kit could be fitted to a zero mileage 182 so there would be no point. The only thing I paid extra for was the cambelt kit, the fitting was included in the rebuilt cost. :approve:

182 Trophy
S77CCP, what's your mileage mate?

As The_One pointed out it actually only works out at about £1100 if you need your cambelt doing at the same time...

172Petey

Sounds amaizing mate, hope to see you again soon at a meet of some sort. Have to have a chat to GDI as im getting fed up with the power already, though I havnt had any decent weather since I bought the thing back in Nov. :dapprove:

clio cup 226
Here is my graph from when I got my car sorted out at GDI​

Keep me updated jph on how your car is when its put right
gdi.gif

Clio 182
Nice work mate. It does change the power delivery, its a lot smoother. Has markm added yours to his spreadsheet yet? Have you noticed a drop in MPG? Did you have a decat too and do you still have the standard induction box in? I know 101 questions!! LOL

I nearly blew that laguna up the last time I had it.

Matt182 cup, I take it yours has bodies then. I saw some car featured in pgti or some french car mag and was a bodied car at GDI. Was it yours?

Top stuff at GDI.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
My car is nearly the same spec as the GDI car which is high compression and does not have throttle bodies

Unfortunatley matt was another unlucky one whos had to have his car done properly after a certain tuning company,s f*ck up.
Im next, so looking forward to getting proper power once andy has had it.
Nice graph matt

Nice work mate. It does change the power delivery, its a lot smoother. Has markm added yours to his spreadsheet yet? Have you noticed a drop in MPG? Did you have a decat too and do you still have the standard induction box in? I know 101 questions!! LOL

1. Yes, much more linear, no 5K kick anymore, much smoother.
2. No he hasn't
3. MPG is 32 if I'm gunning it 35-36 if I'm not
4. No decat, just a K&N panel filter.

ANyone know of anyone who's had this..the morego 202 conversion? http://www.morego.co.uk/product_details.php?id=27&category=7

It doesn't appear they do the inlet manifolds yet they claim another 5bhp on top of GDI...EVO mag gave this conversion 5 stars when they reviewed it...

That looks much better value than the GDI package, you get a cat back exhaust as well for the same price as the GDI package :cool:

Sadly I used to live where the above company is based and they have a reputation locally, so would never advice anyone to go there. Andy has been tunning and service renaults for donkeys year so I'd rather spend my money there.

right.

If anyone has and specific questions please PM me regarding this conversion as I won't be passing anymore comment as this topic is going beyond what I'm prepared to comment on.

The bottom line for me is the car feels totally different, similar to the power delivery of a 197 really in that its relentless in acceleration, all the way to 7800rpm. The car does not feel aftermarket in anyway and the whole power delivery and driving experience is akind to a factory fitted upgrade. Yes I've lost some fuel economy etc, but the overall driving expericence is greatly improved.

See you on the road/track

C.