ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI rolling road results!

172, Tiguan

When we all went to a RR in Tonbridge, they quoted 30 odd percent losses as well. And everybody on here said that was b****cks as well Andy - and the guy running it there had 15 - 20 years experience. Cant please some people unfortunatly...

williams and trophy

and the rollers at Rally Equipe in Bury give the same figures as the rollers used at gdi...well they did with craigs......140 on gdi rollers.140 on re rollers with the guy not knowing previous power outputs...and he also has over 30 years experience in the trade....and also builds a LOT of race engines....if u know ur racing, ul have heard of goodliffe racing.....well these guys use their old rollers, seeing as tho goodliffe no longer exist......which are apparently one of the most accurate rollin roads in uk.......and i know rich has had his car on res rollers, dunno if it was the ctr tho hehe

so best thing rich...get to RE, see wot it puts out on urs there, and that shud be equal to gdis........but for pure comparison..do both hehe

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 02 August 2004

so best thing rich...get to RE, see wot it puts out on urs there, and that shud be equal to gdis........but for pure comparison..do both hehe
Guess where I had it done?! ;)

Yup, was done at RE on Saturday...

BMW 320d Sport

Or even better, realise that its all just a bit of fun anyway, and what matters is how your car performs on the road...

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 02 August 2004

Or even better, realise that its all just a bit of fun anyway, and what matters is how your car performs on the road...
id agree with that Nick, I had loads of fun at this event, one of my favourite meets!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 02 August 2004

True...

Its how it performs that matters, Ive just been using the RR to see how the mods have improved power & torque, but I also use the 1/4 mile times as a comparison.

Will be at Pod this weekend! ;)

Rich,

what is it with you and my car???

Its everywhere I post, you are saying that whats been said is wrong and the figures arent the best etc...

I dont care what BHP the cup is pushing out, and I really dont, thats not BS. If its goes quickly around the track (and it does) thats all I care about.

I have run a 14.7 1/4 mile this year (only had 3 runs with all of the mods so not the best time IMO yet to come from it. I ran 14.9, 14.8, 14.7) compared to a 14.9 STANDARD 1/4 mile at Pod last year. The 1/4 miles arent my cup of tea really, but even so, i like to try it out etc.

The car is going to go to GDI for work, hence the reason why I took it to their rollers, so I could get a before & after comparison.

We all know that you own(ed) the fastest cars in the world, and I am quite happy accepting that, but dont dispute Andys reputability and the accuracy of the rollers, as you werent there, thats just not on...

anyhow, I dont care, because everyone elses figures were about dead on to what they should be for the cars, mine wasnt running perfectly, the tyres need replacing (wheels slipping on the rollers) and i need to get it tracked again, so it wasnt running as well as it could have run on the rollers and it was 30+ degrees so that doesnt help.

/y0z

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 02 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 02 August 2004

Guess where I had it done?! ;)

Yup, was done at RE on Saturday...

How much was it mate?

German Barge

I personally have a lot of respect for Andy and his crew. Great bunch of lads, who know their stuff, while having time for people who dont (like me). It was more of a gathering, than who has the fastest car here, and it was the first meet i have been too, and i have to say its encouraging to see such a great community of individuals who have the time of day to talk to you.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 02 August 2004

Rich,

what is it with you and my car???

Its everywhere I post, you are saying that whats been said is wrong and the figures arent the best etc...
Nothing against you personally Yoz, it was just your name that was brought up by someone else, so I just used the figures I had, which just happened to be yours... :oops:

So when have I been saying stuff about your car in the past?! In the past I have been defending it on the CTR forum, as I do with all Clio related posts, take a look see!

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 02 August 2004

We all know that you own(ed) the fastest cars in the world, and I am quite happy accepting that, but dont dispute Andys reputability and the accuracy of the rollers, as you werent there, thats just not on...

[/QUOTE]
Since when have I had the fastest cars then?! :confused:

My best times in the Cup were 14.5secs, it made 147bhp @ wheels, there are plenty of people out there with quicker & more powerful cars...

As for this rolling road debate, people are always going to have a difference of opinion, but I cannot accept losss of that level. Well just have to agree to disagree!

maybe i slightly exagerated ;-)

i was just remembering the standard cup 1/4 mile discussion we had...

/y0z

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 03 August 2004

maybe i slightly exagerated ;-)

LOL

It was like 0.1secs difference as standard I believe... ;)

Tell me, do you honestly believe you have a 28% transmission loss?!

Quote: Originally posted by BigChris on 02 August 2004

I personally have a lot of respect for Andy and his crew. Great bunch of lads, who know their stuff, while having time for people who dont (like me). It was more of a gathering, than who has the fastest car here, and it was the first meet i have been too, and i have to say its encouraging to see such a great community of individuals who have the time of day to talk to you.

Totally agree mate, certainly the friendliest meet ive been to. Im pretty sure everyone enjoyed themselves, which is what its all about. Cheers for the company on the way home by the way, made the drive a lot less boring.:)

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 03 August 2004
Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 03 August 2004maybe i slightly exagerated ;-)
LOLIt was like 0.1secs difference as standard I believe... ;) Tell me, do you honestly believe you have a 28% transmission loss?!

Whats transmission loss?

I have no idea. I put my car on the rollers so that all the people who asked me what bhp it was now would have an answer.

I dont know, and I dont care...

If you want me to put my car on different rollers, i will, and I still wont care (honestly, I dont give a damn). If it keeps everyone from bloody arguing aboiut things I will quite happily pay £25 to put it on the rollers of your choice, BUT on the proviso that there is no "i told you so" if the results are different.

Rich, have you seen bruns car, and the rr printouts? they were on gdis rollers

I ran a 14.9 standard (completely) at santa pod and this was what you had to say about it...

http://type-r.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1865&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45http://type-r.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1865&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

dont start with my power graphs/figures

I didnt post my rr figures up because of this, someone else put them up and now i have to justify it.

I DO NOT CARE... AT ALL

/y0z

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

let me clear this up.....

if you add 28% to the RR atw figure you get to the approximate power at fly...

however, that actually equates to about a 22% loss of power via the transmittion... (roughly)... so as you keep flipping harping on about if you work backwards with that figure its "about the same" as adding 28%..

same type calculation if you remove VAT from a product as suposed to add it... you cant take 17.5% and get the same as adding 17.5%

Andy, I posted a topic in the Mods section which I wanted comments one - but will add here as this seems more suitable :)

I had a RR done on my 172 with Viper IK and K-tec sports cat on:

1) Is PP of 131.3 and PT of 118.9(ft/lb) about right?

2) the power dips between 4750 and 5400 and then peaks again... is this standard for clios or an anomally?

3) Does the SERV light come on with the ABS when you RR clios? Mine did.. and will this affect the output figures?

4) Has the Viper IK made the enging run lean? How can you check?

With adding the 28% on to the 131.3 power I get about 182bhp - about 15bhp increase off these two mods.... so all in all it seems about right?

Its rolling losses, not JUST transmission losses people.

I think the confusion arises there as i quite readily accept that transmissions should and cannot effectively absorb more than 15%.

If you calculate the amount of heat generated and fuel burnt simply tuning the tranny over then its quite impossible to argue against it. It would literally melt itself.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by 172_4_life on 06 August 2004

Andy, I posted a topic in the Mods section which I wanted comments one - but will add here as this seems more suitable :)

I had a RR done on my 172 with Viper IK and K-tec sports cat on:

1) Is PP of 131.3 and PT of 118.9(ft/lb) about right?

I got 140 on my standard 182

2) the power dips between 4750 and 5400 and then peaks again... is this standard for clios or an anomally?

3) Does the SERV light come on with the ABS when you RR clios? Mine did.. and will this affect the output figures?

yes mine came on aswell and i have heard it is because the rear wheels arent turning so it gets confused. Turning off and then back on again cleared the lights for me straight away.

4) Has the Viper IK made the enging run lean? How can you check?

With adding the 28% on to the 131.3 power I get about 182bhp - about 15bhp increase off these two mods.... so all in all it seems about right?

when i add 18% on to 131.3 i get about 167 bhp?