ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Box Leak from OS Shaft

03 clio sport asc
Hey Guys

After having my gearbox & Quaife rebuilt a O ring was missing between the diff shaft and drive shaft on the OS which caused the diff seal to leak as the drive shaft was hitting on the seal.

I replaced the seal and installed the o ring but the stupid seal in still leaking.

Pic 1 shows the leak, notice how it looks different to pic 2 as the diff in pic 2 is standard and not a quaife.
DSC03265_zpsff6f8f60.gif

Pic 2 is my spare standard gearbox. looks different but as the leak is almost not noticeable I cant see the shaft being different in diameter where it counts.
DSC03261_zps6c3d7647.gif

Pic 3 is the old seal i removed
DSC03268_zps4f71f679.gif

Any ideas? I did fit the seal my self but was had the correct tool to fit (basically prevented me from pushing it in 2 far)

seal was well lubricated prior to installing but did find it didnt go in very square and needed to be tapped from all sides to fit.