ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Changing, anyone have problems?

Clio 172 cup mk2
Alright Guys,

I have 172 cup mk2. Just had the circlip replaced in the diff as it let go. Now Im experiencing gear changing problems. I've always been gentle with the box but when I'm coming down the box (5 4 3 2 1) for some strange reason its becoming a little difficult to get them in yet if i go up the gears its sweet as a nut. I have never struggled once to get it in gear accelerating, never crunched or felt sticky, stiff or sloppy. Yet its a pig coming down the box?!!! What were renault doing when they designed them? Drinking!!!!!
Anyone experience same??

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I never have problems getting it in gear coming down, but i try and match the revs best i can to the ratio. If i dont then it feels dirty going in, but ive had this on alot of cars.

The box is at the limit of relaibility hecne its not used any more on the sports as such

Who fixed the box did they clean out all the old circlip?