ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear shifter problem

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Hi guys, my car is away having abit of work done. I have been told the internal linkage is causing the issue. (Gear changes aren't the smoothest)

I've looked at pure Motorsport and seen they do linkages etc. Could anyone advise me on what I need to sort the internal issue? I don't want to spend money on a complete shifter as it's not my bag at all. I'd like to keep the car close to OEM as possible.

Also, the car has got a quick shifter already fitted by the previous owner. Not sure if this is a problem replacing parts?

I have no idea on this kinda stuff, please help!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The pms linkage is to suit the shifter so would need to fit the full kit including the shifter as it wont fit stock shifter from memory.

Prob worn bushes on current setup @plees Does replacements iirc, also replace the white bush in the linkage at gearbox end.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Internal linkage? Probably best to get more details, but I’d say the same as brigsy, replacement brass bush and likely the Selector plastic bush are knackered. I’d also sack off any short shifter that’s on there unless it’s a decent Yanoo set up.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Thanks guys, I think it has the ktec quick shift kit currently fitted. I replace the brass bushes a few months ago, which improved it massively but it's still not right.

I am unsure of more details as that is all I have been told. I'm waiting to hear back.

Does anyone know if the newer PMS shifters still rattle? Or alternative shifters?

Thanks

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Dawn they all rattle to a certain degree, mines not too bad now I have modified it. However there is no getting away from the fact that it’s designed to be a track car setup and far removed from OEM. My suggestion is to just get the standard system refreshed or replaced with a good used set up. I’d personally sack off any short shifter kit you have fitted. It will add little benefit to a road car and will likely cause problems. I think it needs aligning again as Louis says, they can be fussy with positioning. Even worse when you fit a PmS