ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear gaiter come loose

On my Trophy, every time I change gear it comes out of place. Tried slotting it in 'back to normal' but keeps doing the same thing. Any ideas?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Check the clips are intact. If they are then may have to try some sort of adhesive but if they aren't I would just replace it.

Do you know which clips it should have? I think there's only one at the front of the gaiter (nearest 3rd gear) and there are none around the rest of it. Could one have fallen off?

Clio 1.2 16v
The whole plastic ring snapped on mine. If I remember rightly there are two clips near 2nd and 4th that slot in first then there is clip near where 3rd is that pushes in.

Pull the gaiter up so its inside out and cut the cable tie near the lift reverse, a new or second hand gaiter should come with a new cable tie, again make sure its inside out and cable tie it where the old one was and pull it back down and clip into place.

Hope that made sense.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
mines done the same. just bought a new one will the clips ect for £10.58 delivered

1.6 16v
Any chance i could see the guide to because this has now happened on mine? but i am not a paid member anymore :(

Steve

172 Cup
This happened to me, i just bought a new one for around £8 from my local renault dealership, looks fresh and new too ;)

Clio 1.2 shed :)
This happened to my Clio along with a friends, i glued around the lip of the gaiter which has held it in place and doesnt seem that its coming loose anytime soon :)

What happens when you need to get it off though?

Did the screw trick today with some self tappers, worked a treat.

Renault Clio Mk2
Can't seem to open the links that have been posted in order to correct this fault. Is the link broken? Both the tabs have snapped on my gaiter.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
This happened to my Clio along with a friends, i glued around the lip of the gaiter which has held it in place and doesnt seem that its coming loose anytime soon :)

thats exactly what i did. god i love poundland superglue lmao.

Renault Clio Mk2
Cheers for replying Rob. I see the following issue when trying to view your post.

glynedwards
, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation
I don't know what level of detail you have put into your post but is there any chance you could copy and paste it below? I would be really helpful.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh, it's because you're not a full member.

Cliosport guides are for paid members only. Sorry about that.

The solution is just a couple of tiny self tapping screws fixed in the right place and it works just fine.