ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear knob and handbrake replacement

Have i really gotta saw my gear knob of to change it, can anyone tell me how to do it. MK2 Phase 1 btw

big red bus

If it is like the Mk2 Phase2, The HAndbrake one will have to be chopped off IIRC.

Gear Know should be a simple screw off.

The top of the gearstick has to be cut off as its only desinged to go on once and then left on forever.

rite so lotsa cuttin. how do the new ones go back on. how will cuttin the top of the gear stick effect the lift up reverse

VW ....

new one has to be put on with a rubber mallet ,u dont cut the top of the gear stick ,u cut the top of the gear knob to the top of the shaft if im correct .

Trophy Turbo :)

Yes the best way to do it is to Drill down the middle of the gear nob untill u can feel it hit the metal post thentry and twist it if this stiff no work then Hack saw in in a cross shape.