ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gear knob insert

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Can you buy this bit only from Renault?

If so whats the part number?

I'm after the silver carbon fibre effect one as mine is very worn!!

3664_1.jpg

yeah it only comes as a complete gearknob, however as you know, you can simply pop the silver bits off and swap meaning you dont need to remove the old gearknob itself which saves a bit of hassle.

I paid 25quid from renault for a new complete gearknob, however they dont make the 1 that was originally fitted to 04 dynamiques anymore so I ended up with 1 from a campus sport, which looks very similar to the 1 in your photo, and it feels different, the silver insert that is, my old one was a smooth shiney effect that wore away to the plain black plastic underneath, this new 1 feels as though it wont wear away quite as badly/quickly.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
HG2k5 - have you got a part number???

£25 seems too good to be true for a complete gearknob

Low 'n' Slow
spray your existing one the colour of the car. you dont need the numbers :rasp:

i did that on my 01 dynamique, i bought a silver insert for £8 first but it didnt look that good

so i sprayed the one with indented gear changes that came off silver and then but some lacquer on it and it looks much better than the proper renault one

i then sold the insert on ebay for £20 or summit

if i was you i'd save your money and just spray one as they look better

HG2k5 - have you got a part number???

£25 seems too good to be true for a complete gearknob

part number for the one I got is: 8200578751 it cost me 20.96 + vat (as I work for arnold clark and get all parts at cost price + 10% :D) but retail price is 23.81 + vat = £27.98

bearing in mind the style of the 1 I bought is similar if not the same as the silver topped one fitted to 56plate Campus Sports,

but theres a choice of 12 different styles of gearknob available on the renault dealers parts computer so you can pick one the same as your original or if its been superceeded/discontinued like my one then you can pick a similar one, just beware although the 1 I got is 25quid, some of them are way more expensive, e.g. 1 only slightly different from the 1 I got at 25 was 44quid cost price! i.e. well over double the price once vat and that is added on.

Have a look on ebay. You can buy a renault gear knob renovation kit for under a fiver! I didnt need to take the knob off at all and just replaced the covering. Looks great!!