ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear knob removal............

I know this might seem a silly question, but can any one tell me how to remove the standard gearlever knob from my Clio. I assume it must be glued on. All I know is I cannot move it whatever I do.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Is it a mk1 clio. If it is then youll have to use a knife to cut it off.

Rick

Ive removed one from a 98 model and the new (2001+) model. They are bonded on and you just have to give them a bit of stick to get them off!

Big set of mole grips should do the job!

Big pair of molegrips and something to protect the existing gear knob, it comes off without too much trouble (K-tec did mine a while back, and its still in good enough condition that if I remove the quickshift I could put the original back in place) - Much better than distroying it with a knife/hacksaw :)

i had to hacksaw and I can tell you it makes a right state on the carpet, better to find another method, or at least, put a dustsheet down, little bits of plastic stuck in the pile. Grrrrrr

Abarth Grande Punto

well i got some mole grips a hacksaw and beat the sh1t out of it till it fell off. So some tools and brute force!!!

Golf GTTDI 130PD

The general concensus is that you need to get medieval with your knob.

Are you getting a ball knob now?- hehe ;)