ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gear knob trouble

ive just bought a 1998 S reg clio witha lift up reverse and i recently bought a blue LED gear knob but i cant get the old gear knob off! any ideas? ive tried pullin and twistin but the b*ggers stuck tight!

Chocolate Bar™

i used a combination of junior hacksaw, drill, stanley knife and flat blade screwdriver. absolute bugger as it wouldnt budge lol

Blow torch! lol

BUt seriously, best best it to cut the bloody thing off, theyre heated up when they are fitted so its an absolute b**ch to get off. We tried using a heat gun to reverse the fitting process but failed and ended up cutting it off.

He has bought a Blue LED gear knob and you guys are telling him how to put it on - disgrace to you all!! :p

I pulled the top part of mine off, but but how do you get the plastic bit of underneath to enable to you put the new Gear knob on??

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by Rob555 on 07 March 2005

I pulled the top part of mine off, but but how do you get the plastic bit of underneath to enable to you put the new Gear knob on??

read through the thread again and note these words "cut" "hacksaw" "blowtorch"

white 197 CUP

Quote: Originally posted by Justy on 07 March 2005

He has bought a Blue LED gear knob and you guys are telling him how to put it on - disgrace to you all!! :p
lol :oops: he shud be

read through the thread again and note these words "cut" "hacksaw" "blowtorch"
I thought it was only the rubber part you were talking about cutting off..:oops:

[Edited by Rob555 on 07 March 2005 at 10:56am]