ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Knob

Renault Clio
I got paid, and was well happy to go to halfords and buy some stuff i dont really need for my car to make it look that little bit better, along with some blue leds for the footwells, i bought a gear knob. To replace my standard one. Amazing!

However, i cant get my gear knob off. I think the knob and shaft are all intact, the one thing...
I have a pull up thing to reverse, the knob isnt twisting off.

Anyone know if it will twist off, or do i need to cut it all up to get my new knob fixed to it ?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i had to hacksaw mine off, but replaced one before where it just twisted there all different.

word of advice tho i wouldnt bother touching it unless your replacing with a genuine renault one such as a leather 172/182 one as the aftermarket ones tend not to fit properly, nothing better than a gear knob falling off in your hand all the time!

Renault Clio
yea thats what im scared of, dont want to destroy my gear knob. :/ i need to think of something. my dad is a joiner, im sure he can think of something to take it off and replace it so it isnt falling of all the time.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
LEDS in the footwell look like a nice touch - i had them on mine :)

gear knob just twist and yank :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had to saw my gearknob off - tried everything else before that lol
Blue lights in the foot-wells are a nice touch, complements the blue screen on the HU too :)

A Beautiful R32
i had to hacksaw mine off, but replaced one before where it just twisted there all different.

word of advice tho i wouldnt bother touching it unless your replacing with a genuine renault one such as a leather 172/182 one as the aftermarket ones tend not to fit properly, nothing better than a gear knob falling off in your hand all the time!

Eh? What planet are you on? My Richbrook gear knob fits perfectly...

Unless you're very adapt/lucky the standard gear know will fall to pieces as you take it off.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Not sure what make my gearknob is but it keeps coming loose every now & then, just need to tighten it with the wee key.
Could'nt have my knob falling off as I'm accelerating! :nono: