ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear knob

How do you change a gear knob on a Mk1? I had a quick go but no luck, hows the best way to take the old one off, prefably without sawing it off!?

Cheers

Unless your one of the lucky ones (more chance of winning the lottery!) your gonna have to take a saw to it! lol!

no easy job !!! get a hairdryer on it !! then twist it off ! Helps if u have a strong friend tho :D !! all we did was get it hot then twist and twist and twist !!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 08 December 2003

Unless your one of the lucky ones (more chance of winning the lottery!) your gonna have to take a saw to it! lol!
Wheres my millions then?! Cus mine fell of in a little race with a 5 turbo!

Anyone have any good suggestions on a plain aluminium knob?

ive got a rubber thing which grips it, with out scratching the thing you want to get off,

i couldnt get mine off by hand, but this thing got it off a piece of p*ss !!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 09 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 08 December 2003

Wheres my millions then?! Cus mine fell of in a little race with a 5 turbo!

Anyone have any good suggestions on a plain aluminium knob?

I use a richbrook ball type gear knob its superb