ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Knobs

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Evening all,

I need to replace my knob (oh er!) as it's looking tatty and the leather has come away.

I looked at a genuine one but refuse to pay £100+ for it and came across this

I quite like the look of the Richbrook Speed leather one too.

Anyone have this or any other recommendations?

Ta.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I wanted to keep the standard look, but the leather on mine was looking tatty. I bought a spare shifter tower as it's a messy/destructive job taking the knob off and had snappy retrim the gear knob and gear gaiter in nice leather. Very happy with it, had the steering wheel done at the same time.
Can dig a pic out if you're interested, probably in my project thread somewhere near the start.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
I wanted to keep the standard look, but the leather on mine was looking tatty. I bought a spare shifter tower as it's a messy/destructive job taking the knob off and had snappy retrim the gear knob and gear gaiter in nice leather. Very happy with it, had the steering wheel done at the same time.
Can dig a pic out if you're interested, probably in my project thread somewhere near the start.

Same. I've heard it can be a pita to get off but I am willing to give it a go, trying to keep costs down on this one as I can't justify mega £££ on a knob!

I'll take a look at your project thread.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I refused to buy one when they were £46 or something and got a eBay special, it’s like changing gear with a dildo.

I ended up eventually buying a genuine at £70 and it’s in the kitchen next to the new pedals waiting to go on.. I also have an as-new wheel and floor mats to go with them.

get it while you can, it won’t get cheaper..

Or get a retrim.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
I refused to buy one when they were £46 or something and got a eBay special, it’s like changing gear with a dildo.

I ended up eventually buying a genuine at £70 and it’s in the kitchen next to the new pedals waiting to go on.. I also have an as-new wheel and floor mats to go with them.

get it while you can, it won’t get cheaper..

Or get a retrim.
Where from? All the ones I've seen are over £100.

Dildo comment has made me either get a genuine one or retrim although with the retrim I've no idea how you
(A) get it off without damage and
(B) who retrims it and how that process works etc - snappy?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Where from? All the ones I've seen are over £100.

Dildo comment has made me either get a genuine one or retrim although with the retrim I've no idea how you
(A) get it off without damage and
(B) who retrims it and how that process works etc - snappy?
I got it a while back.. sometimes the sellers have a sale, so you gotta keep your eyes peeled.

To do the snappy thing would take buying a stick or sending your one to him and waiting. You’d have to get his number and message him for a price.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Evening all,

I need to replace my knob (oh er!) as it's looking tatty and the leather has come away.

I looked at a genuine one but refuse to pay £100+ for it and came across this

I quite like the look of the Richbrook Speed leather one too.

Anyone have this or any other recommendations?

Ta.
I bought a very similar one to that and it’s horrible in every conceivable way, it looks cheap, it feels cheap it marks really easily and I hated it so much a binned it and went back to my original.

sometimes you have to spend some money to get something nice. Depends how fussed you are I suppose.

i didn’t find it too challenging to get off though, a form grip and a good twist.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Cheers lads for the replies.

I've been in touch with Snappy and the price is good but it would be Feb before he could turn it around and obviously getting it off without damage is the issue.

Defo ruled out a cheap knob now!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
That doesn't sound bad at all, I'm sure I had to wait 3-4 months for my retrim. I just bought a spare shifter tower to send off, so replacement was easy.

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy Rs265
£94 pounds for my knob to feel good last year - worth it in my view however they don’t look like the original.

EEA3BEC1-777E-422A-994D-E542218DFAAA.jpeg