ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear linkage reset

Phase1 172
Hello...
quick one guys , is there a set procedure to reset the gear selector , I swapped my box yesterday and now the it feels slightly off , I have all gears , 2nd to 3rd feels like its going straight up rather than up across and up again . I know corneas and a few other motors have a set procedure to reset it . Just wondered if the clio had one lol

that is all :)

SQ5
It's an absolute ball ache!

Ideally need to mark it before. But if you jack the car up at the front, start car and sit inside whilst somebody underneath adjusts its slightly.

It always need to be pushed in the whole way its just which way it needs to be twisted.

Phase1 172
Just got bk from a weekend away , haven't used the car all weekend yet it's decided it wants to run on 3 now lol ..... French s**t lol

Cup In bits
Its easy, jack the car up and put it in neutral, slacken the 13mm clamp on the linkage while leaving it in neutral (make sure it is moving free from the bar and linkage) go inside the car and place it in what you think will be neutral, nip the clamp up and check for all gears. Repeat until right. A hand saves messing about but very achievable by one.