ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear selector ball joint stuck

Trying to fit the selector seal kit , I'm stuck because the selector ball joint and its housing are stuck in the car.
For illustration , this part is stuck in the car , the white plastic cannot be removed : http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/251974257417-0-1/s-l1000.jpg
I need to replace the white bush anyway so I tried to brake it with a screwdriver and a hammer but still no joy .
Any ideas except towing the car to a garage and wasting a day at work ? :confused:

BTW is draining from the 16mm bolt that holds the neutral spring good enough ? the 8mm square one is too tight.

Last edited:
  dan's cast offs.
if it doesn't come out easily you just need to lever down on the arm and get it out that way.

tried even levering it with a huge spanner and pressing it with the car jack ... braking it 10 hours with screwdriver, wire cutter etc ...
Ended up burning it with a cigarette lighter , everything around it is metal so I think it's safe. It was loose and needed replacing anyway :)

Is draining the box from the big 16mm bolt near the selector good enough ? I'm going to use a different oil so if not I'm afraid they will mix .