ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear stick!!

Dont think its a major problem but ive noticed my gear stick moves quite a bit when i put my down and when i come off the gas. It doesnt pop out of gear or anything, but, my car is under warranty so if something needs replacing then i should get it done. Is this normal for clios(16v), these are the bits covered by my warranty;

MANUAL GEARBOX;
Internal gears,synchromesh hubs,selectors,shafts,bearings and bushes and transfer gears.

Is there anything in this list (could it be the bearings) that would tighten it up a bit?...........

Simple, you need the lower engine/gearbox mount (dogbone mount)replacing, I had this problem on my valver, replaced the mount and its sorted, peace of p*ss to change as well.

Cheers, Simon

I just checked to see if i could rock the engine and that seemed ok got a slight movement when i revved it but that seems normal ill get it up in the air tomorrow and inspect it, nice one.....